You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: La Paz, Bolivia, April 12, 2014

Mikkamakka wrote:

Guess he meant attitude.

johndivney wrote:

actually altitude is a fair point. usually w/gnr (& jarmo) i'd be quick to call BS) but that does actually seem legit enough to get a pass this one time.. guess i better retract my earlier comment.

also - the purple wedding was the other night & all these guys can talk about is axls cock?! ha! good exmple of how at it's heart this place is still a proper fan site.

AtariLegend wrote:

I just think this is the possible solution to letting the band blast out "There Was A Time" ect. Okay maybe not as a first song, but early enough on. Who would care how it looked then as long as the vocals were good? Worst case scenario remove "The Seeker" and/or "Whole Lotta Rosie" from the end run of the set.

Anyway this may not be 1991, but he did used to play tracks like "Coma" now and again a few times at the start too back then presumably for similar reasons.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Smoking Guns wrote:

In their prime.  Axl is badass here.

Awesome performance. Just watched Coma after it. Fantastic. Everyone is firing on all cylinders. During YCBM, mostly everyone is drunk as fuck. haha..love it! smile

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

In their prime.  Axl is badass here.

Awesome performance. Just watched Coma after it. Fantastic. Everyone is firing on all cylinders. During YCBM, mostly everyone is drunk as fuck. haha..love it! smile

For some contrast...

... this is what the song sounds like live these days (pro shot for proper comparison). Obviously Axl sounds horrible, but even the band who do an admirable job on the more bombastic songs are able to suck all of the anger and venom out of this song, Izzy or no Izzy... It just sounds lifeless.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Am going to pretend I didn't just watch that Mikka, that was tough.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
TheMole wrote:

[...] Izzy or no Izzy... It just sounds lifeless.

Just doesn't have enough Izzy wink

Board footer