You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Budweiser City

Smoking Guns wrote:

Everyone has a price. Even Axl.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Has anyone seen the ad on TV? I've heard a few people say they've seen it in Brazil but is it popping up anywhere else? If you're going to "sell out", you might as well go all the way.

NoKnownName
 Rep: 11 

NoKnownName wrote:

Who gives a shit? Axl  doesn't have a 'rebel image' anymore. He was never punk or anti-corporate or whatever you want to call it. As for Slash, he reminds me of Snoop Dogg: even though there is not a lot of quality control in regards as to what they slap their name on, they're both recognized as skilled musicians within their genres and they've performed on what are recognized as some of the greatest albums of all time.

faldor

faldor wrote:

Axl sold out long ago. This ad is a lot more subtle than the "Evict Axl Rose" contest he participated in on MTV in 1991. Was that for real? Was there an end result?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw_Aufh5p6E

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It was real. I actually remember that.

And come on guys, we all know Axl's just a small town white boy, just trying to make ends meet...

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

One in a Million may be my favorite vocal ever. That and acoustic "You're Crazy".

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I wish AFD had more of a LIES feel, tbh. It was raw and perfect in its imperfection. And the "1988" half should have been on AFD.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

One in a Million may be my favorite vocal ever. That and acoustic "You're Crazy".

Yeah I never cared for the AFD version of You're Crazy, but love the acoustic version. One in a Million is great as well. Too bad it was so controversial. Would have loved to hear them perform it live over the years. I guess maybe it could rile up certain crowds though.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

The perfect blend of power with rasp on those recordings.

Board footer