You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Matt Sorum open to Playing with Current GNR Line-up

Smoking Guns wrote:

Matt used to be a trouble maker if I had to guess. Slash was worth whatever headache he may have been because he is an iconic player that delivers.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Or we could look at Bucket and Robin and wonder what went wrong there. Or should we blame Slash for that as well?!?!?!

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Slash did. Seems like he is the only one with a backbone.

Which is why we have the stalemate.

Really, though, it would have been great if he showed some backbone before giving away the band to Axl, that was when it was really needed.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Or we could look at Bucket and Robin and wonder what went wrong there. Or should we blame Slash for that as well?!?!?!

I think there were different reasons for the issues here. Bucket clearly just wanted to make music. He's released literally about 100 albums since leaving GNR.

Finck, who knows?

Slash, creative/personality issue.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

It's clear Axls no angel, far too much evidence to the contrary over the past 25 years. I think it's safe to say the others weren't saints either but for the purposes of media it's easier to have black and white, good guys and bad. Axl got painted bad and the others good and they were happy to let it happen cos well who wouldn't? Axls general silence with press combined with public displays of diva behaviour cemented the image and it remains to this day. However for me there's no way any of them went from borderline homeless tramps to multi millionaires playing to hundreds of thousands of people every week and all the shit that goes with it in 6 years and come out flawless people. It was always said Matts problem was he had no tact and would just call Axl on something without any sense of diplomacy, not the worst trait in the world but dangerous when dealing with over sensitive lead singers. He probably sees now with VR dead that his last big paycheck also lies with a reunion. Duff and Izzy doing the odd gig with Axl will be as encouraging a sign to him as it is us. In typical Matt fashion he's probably just stoking the fires, at this stage what is there to lose?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Yes. Matt is desperate.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I don't think Duff, Slash and Matt are as close as people like to think. Just my opinion. I think a lot went down between those guys, and it was clear during that last VR show where none of them could look at each other that something happened that broke the band up far more than Scott... They had chances of continuing on with some really talented singers and it didn't happen. I think VR started out as a"fuck you" to Axl... and that can only carry you so far. Especially when members of the band don't view Axl as a villain anymore. And Matt used to slag Axl big time.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Zero fucks given here. His drumming on UYI is not essential and he never did a very good job with the AFD material.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

And musically speaking Slash was maybe 80% because those signature riffs were so huge.

I love Slash but this shit is delusional. Pretty disrespectful to the other members of the original lineup too.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

He may lack groove, but do you ever here him totally fuck up?  I can't think of once..

Board footer