You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Didn't see this posted, so what the hell. Dizzy says soon is the word

misterID wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:

Why would they need a setlist when they know what they're going to play by heart. So, I get what he's saying there 16

The only period this was true was that 2009-10 period when you didn't know if they'd play three songs off CD or play the entire album.

I don't think he's predicting anything, other than they have two-three albums worth of material ready to go, which I believe. I don't think the song selection was the hold up. My only questions are: Will it be a double album, which would be nice to finish up the Chinese sessions, and is the artwork finished.

A little reminder from Axl himself, from January, 2007:

In regard to a release date for the album itself, certain minor - and I do mean minor -- additions, as well as contract negotiations, need to be completed. Barring any unforeseen complications, these things have now been adequately scheduled...we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6

The album came out almost 2 years later. I don't think they are as close to be done with CD2 now than they were with CD1 back then. Plans fail, change, get forgotten, the Muse doesn't show up etc.  I agree with you that they more than likely have at least an album worth of material, close to finished, but it'll still be a long, long journey even from the day when Axl will finally say "the second motherfucker is done, get it out". So I think the advice for the next years is still from Axl:

We do hope you can hold on just a bit longer, and if not, please take a break and we’ll be more than glad -- if you so choose -- to see you again later.

True.

Didn't our resident insiders say that nothing was happening this year (and actually vacated their CD2 thread for the coming year) barring some shows and that 2015 was the target year? That's probably what the press should be focused on.

Board footer