You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Wrestling thread

AtariLegend wrote:

So Lesnar virtually beat Cena in the longest squash match ever last night. It's good, just a shame he had to job to Triple H last year.

Thing is though, where do they go now? Reigns is no where near ready and isn't even the most popular former Shield member anymore. There'll be a backlash if Reigns beat him at Wrestlemania next year. This is apparently what Triple H wants backstage according to those insider sites.

Vince wants Rock/Lesnar however and Rock is supposed to be back next year. However you get that big match feel, but it doesn't make sense for Rock to win that and we don't know if Lesnar will be around past Wrestlemania next year.

Bryan/Lesnar would be a fantastic match, but Bryan still has to undergo another surgery. No guarantee we even see him back before the Rumble. I also don't think they'd give Bryan the win.

I think we'll get Sting/Taker, so no rematch there either. This years Lesnar/Taker wasn't exactly a classic either.

So who's left?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Punk.

But I don't think he wants to come back.

Really, even though he's on his last leg, he's balding, he's just a shadow of himself... It's Sting. That's the only one I can think of.

AtariLegend wrote:

Lesnar's past 12 months;

Beat Punk in last years Match of the Year.
Squashed Big Show at the Royal Rumble.
Beat Undertaker cleanly and ended wrestling greatest streak.
Squashed Cena the face of the company for the past decade at Summerslam!.

It's ironic since Lesnar might have been in Cena's situation if he had never left all those years ago.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I caught Heyman's awesome promo Monday. Killer stuff. I watched the Ambrose and Rollins main event... it was an okay match, but this is the main event? These are your superstars?

I was actually really hoping Sting was about to debut during the Lesnar promo.

AtariLegend wrote:

They're the future. They're both more over than Reigns too and it was only an episode of Raw.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I'm sure they're the future, but not as main eventers. At least, not how I see it. I don't see them being the next Austin or Punk. I can see them like Rude, Mr. Perfect or Owen. Solid, awesome wrestlers, who were never able to capture that big spotlight. And those three are some of my favorites.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

To add my 2 cents: WWE doesn’t really roll with a bunch of different guys on top of the roster anymore. Nobody comes close to Cena, not even Punk. They seem like they have Reigns slotted to take Cena’s #1 babyface spot for the next era, and Bray Wyatt possibly as the next #1 heel. After that, it’s probably going to be a big step down to the next guys. Sadly I kinda doubt Daniel Bryan will ever get back to main event status (although a Bryan-Brock WM31 match for the title would be my ideal way to go right now if I had the book), and you’re probably right that guys like Ambrose and Rollins will be somewhere down the card. Lots of people compare Ambrose to Brian Pillman and that seems apt.

That said, I don’t think Roman Reigns is all that special, and I love what Ambrose and Rollins have been doing. But it’s not my call.

Lastly, boy has RAW sucked for the last two weeks. Without Brock and Ambrose, and with too much Bellas (which is ANY Bellas), it's been a rough bunch of hours.

AtariLegend wrote:

wow Communist China is still alive!

misterID

misterID wrote:

Ambrose and Brian Pillman is a great comparison.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

AtariLegend wrote:

wow Communist China is still alive!

Believe it or not!

Board footer