You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Re: Ron leaving the band after Vegas?

Intercourse wrote:

Ron gets accused of being a whiner, frankly not enough band members have had the balls to do more of it in the past to try to move things along.
Maybe cause they know it won't work..
Imagine if he goes, that will be guitar player number SIX to leave (Izzy, Slash, Paul, Bucket, Robin...)
That's some stable of talent right there, well four of the five.

NoKnownName
 Rep: 11 

NoKnownName wrote:

Actually, he'd be seven counting Tracii Guns.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Ron gets accused of being a whiner, frankly not enough band members have had the balls to do more of it in the past to try to move things along.
Imagine if he goes, that will be guitar player number SIX to leave (Izzy, Slash, Paul, Bucket, Robin...)

Making a stand is one thing, doing it through Axl's darling media is something else. Even we know that's not a good idea.

A stable of talent, but I'd say Ron is the lesser loss of them all. Paul doesn't really count (and is still with the band unofficially?).

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

+ Gilby

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

So, according to MSL and his site, Frank might be on the way out and Duff might be interested in getting back into the band, and there are concerns about Tommy's drinking. I'm thinking this might lead to Brain coming back into the band. I'm not sure about Ron.

And no, still no chance on a reunion.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Should happen. Brain is better than Frank and while Tommy is my favorite current gunner he is no original member. Should lend some extra credibility to the band, maybe smoothen up a release.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Another interesting thing is that supposedly Doc was behind Duff's "accidental" meeting in London, and Doc sort of sabotaged an American tour to try and push a reunion, sort of like Azoff, but not as extreme. I have no idea if Duff was in on the meeting (not the sabotaged tour) but I would assume so.

And from what I gather, it was always considered that Brain was on hiatus and Frank was just a fill in. Apparently, they knew there were going to be significant line up changes for the next tour which led to Frank talking about looking for a new gig after the Vegas show, and led to the retirement rumors. But Duff is said to be very interested.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
misterID wrote:

Another interesting thing is that supposedly Doc was behind Duff's "accidental" meeting in London, and Doc sort of sabotaged an American tour to try and push a reunion, sort of like Azoff, but not as extreme. I have no idea if Duff was in on the meeting (not the sabotaged tour) but I would assume so.

And from what I gather, it was always considered that Brain was on hiatus and Frank was just a fill in. Apparently, they knew there were going to be significant line up changes for the next tour which led to Frank talking about looking for a new gig after the Vegas show, and led to the retirement rumors. But Duff is said to be very interested.

It was strange that by coincidence they ran into each other. Could be something to that Doc angle.

I would love for Brain to come back. I agree about considering him on hiatus rather than out compleley. Definitely would be a good thing for him to be back in the fold. Frank has done a good job but Brain is Brain.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Brain or Frank, doesn't really matter... Until something is announced, the obsession will be the Eddie Trunk comments.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Brain or Frank, doesn't really matter... Until something is announced, the obsession will be the Eddie Trunk comments.

What's the Trunk thing?

Board footer