You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: The Wrestling thread

-D- wrote:

Huge problem with WWE these days is the SHIT and I do mean absolute SHIT booking.

They treat wins and losses like they don't matter, cause we will just have em win a few times and no one will care. Like Cesaro.. dude should be on his way. He IS NOT a heel however.

WWE have very few truly good heels and that kills me as well.

Lastly, Bray Wyatt should be pushed to the top, but yet they keep fucking him up also and the family should already be tag champs. U can't buy something as scary and spooky if they are constantly getting their ass kicked.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

The latest NXT Takeover special (I hate that they reused the same name) was the most entertaining thing WWE's done since SummerSlam, in my opinion. If you have the Network you should at least watch the two main events.

AtariLegend wrote:

I was a hardcore wrestling for half my life, but the reality is even if the WWE network was here I wouldn't subscribe.

3 hours of Raw killed my interest in watching anything other than big PPVs. Even if it was free, I'm still not going to watch an overlong/exposed/water downed/TV Show for a gazillion hours a week. There's too much of it.

Communist China

Sting's WWE debut at Survivor Series reminded me a lot of Chinese Democracy. Should have been totally epic, and it was pretty awesome, but the fact that it's been so long really diluted its potential impact. The crowd definitely popped for it but Sting's debut could have been one of the all time biggest moments in WWE history and I don't think it will be remembered in that class. It won't touch Jericho's debut, who wasn't nearly the star (at the time) that Sting is. I know the product was just generally hotter at the time but that's kind of my point. This was a moment every wrestling fan dreamed of for years and comparing those fantasies to how it actually played out kind of illustrated how far wrestling has fallen. It's a great angle - interrupting the main event of a big four PPV and nailing HHH with the death drop - but it doesn't have the impact in 2014 that it would have in 2004. And you know he isn't going to play a big role in the company. They will probably build to a HHH-Sting match at Wrestlemania 31 and that will be it for the icon. Can't complain - the guy's 55 - but it's unfortunate the stars didn't align sooner in his career.

Still, it saved a realllllly weak show. Opening a PPV with a 20 minute promo? That's a bad look, WWE. Especially considering it was the month they gave away the Network for free. Why would you want to buy it after watching Survivor Series? It was just a better-than-average RAW.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

WWE has been terrible lately. Sting is the ONLY bright spot. It's the only thing that can help. CM PUNK is finally talking about his exit. Very interesting stuff. Apparently WWE never returned any of his calls. Here's a link.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/27/ … s-wwe-exit

misterID

misterID wrote:

AtariLegend wrote:

So Sting's finally with WWE officially and Punk's signed with UFC.

Wow this is really crazy stuff. Hope Punk has seriously thought this through and his ego hasn't just taken over.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Punk is a year older than me, and I don't see this being the age to start this career especially with his history of injuries. I think he's going to get hurt.

Communist China

I don't know a lot about UFC but I have to expect Punk will get his ass kicked. Even a 1-0 fighter would have way more experience and training than he does. And Punk isn't a freak of nature athlete like Brock. Competing in MMA must be on Punk's bucket list because I don't see how this is a smart business move for him.

As for WWE, boy, did they get shown up by the developmental roster last week. If you have WWE Network, please do yourself a huge favor and watch NXT Takeover Revolution. It's 2 hours of pure wrestling joy. It's so much easier to sit through than a 3 hour show, plus there are no bad matches, a couple great ones, the women's division is treated seriously, there's better commentary, and a few guys are clearly going to be huge draws someday soon (Sami Zayn, Finn Balor, Kevin Owens). Then there was TLC (& S) on Sunday. What a shit show. Ryback v Kane, Big Show v Rowan, the WWE Champion not on the show again... this is pay-per-view?! It's almost Wrestlemania season so maybe things will pick up soon but, man, right now NXT is a waaay better product. If WWE is cannibalizing their PPV revenue with the Network they should consider dropping some of these middling shows, or at least change the gimmick-themed ones that always seem to box them into creative corners. There's just too much of the main roster - RAW is too long, the roster is thin so Smackdown is mostly RAW rematchs and previews, and sometimes they only have 3 weeks between PPVs. It's exhausting. Leave me wanting more for once, WWE.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I actually had a pretty good time watching Ring Of Honor after football last week.

Board footer