You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: Rapidfire (First ever Axl recordings) out now on Amazon

Will wrote:

This is now available to buy on Amazon UK, so presumably everywhere else in the world too smile

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00OLQJ2S0/ref=dm_ty_trk

Only on track #3 but would say its worth the £5 5

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:

Funny, I've been dicking around on YouTube all day, and I saw this video about the Rapidfire Kickstarter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uPkUKAodhM. There was a link to pre-order the album at Amazon, and imagine my surprise to find out it was released today! I heard about this years ago but gave up any hope of it ever coming out.

Pretty cool to hear what's probably the earliest knows recordings of Axl!

NoKnownName
 Rep: 11 

NoKnownName wrote:

It's also on iTunes, and I'm jamming it right now. 9

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Hope you all snapped these up whilst you had the chance, because the lawsuit is in motion 16

https://www.facebook.com/Rapidfire1983/ … 2066499455

Just a "heads up" to all you Rapidfire fans..... Mr. Bailey is trying yet again to bully us, as he has for 11 years, and illegally remove the Rapidfire recordings from all stores (digital and physical) and so it will be taken down from all stores temporarily until this is resolved, which takes about 10 business days so about 2 weeks (not 12 years.) I am completely within my rights to release my own music, and am at this moment filing a DMCA Counter Notification to get the songs back up. We have PA and SR Copyrights to everything in my name, and are completely within our rights to release music that I solely wrote and paid for. Below is a copy of my now deceased lawyer's last letter to Mr. Bailey's attorney, which gave him ample opportunity to respond and negotiate this. Per usual we got no response. Wish me luck so I can continue to bring this music to you.

Click the link if you want the full post (including his former attorneys original response to the copyright claims).

Must admit I find this a difficult spot to be in as a fan of Axl. I know he's against the release, and his legal team objected to it for years, but as far as I'm concerned these songs were offered for purchase on Amazon/iTunes and I legally paid for them the second they were available. Any legal bullshit about ownership is no concern of mine, or any other fans.

Axl can't stop them spreading now even if he wanted too. Too many fans are already enjoying the songs. This lawsuit will probably only further promote the fact that they're "out there".

AtariLegend wrote:

Regardless of Axl's thought process, the guy who put this together came across very sleazy on MYGNR in his chats with fans.

It has nothing to do with the fans interest, it's about that guy making a free buck.

NoKnownName
 Rep: 11 

NoKnownName wrote:

Sweet, I finally got something before it was pulled off.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:

The best thing Axl could do if he wants these to go away is simply ignore them. When you tell people they can't buy something, it only makes them want it more.

Board footer