You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Walking Dead

AtariLegend wrote:

Only just seen the last 4 episodes of the season after downloading them. Despite the fact that I could have watched it for free on Fox UK, but oh well... adverts.

Glen is crazy, I thought for sure at one point the final shot would be zombie Gen walking through the gates with Beth crying. Once time started ticking towards the end, I knew they'd stay in Alexandria. They always had to get more than a few episodes out of it if the show wasn't going to be ending in a season or two.

fyi How long have they been doing post credit scenes? I never sit through the credits, I normally zone out before "next time on AMC's The Walking Dead" gives away too much of next weeks plot.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

That was the first post credit sequence that I noticed.

Deanna still won't last. The wife beater is an interesting situation as he's the surgeon and you need a surgeon, but you can't have a loose cannon.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

They already killed the wife beater.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Oh, I thought he shot Deanna's husband before he turned.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I thought this was the best season finale to the series since the end of the second one. While at first I didn't agree with the choice of Glenn letting the prick live; but looking back it makes sense for how his character has evolved since the 2nd episode of Season 1. Due to Season 3, you see him going a bit darker and trying to find more of a leader role; but now realizing he has to be the voice of reason and one of the good guys now. Especially of the events earlier this season. Also I guess they have plans for that dude that he spared and brought back with him. Hopefully Glenn didn't get scratched.  So far Rick, Glenn, and Carol have had the best character moments besides Daryl of course. Also Father Gabriel is the same way as he is in the comics; so there's that. Sasha is sort of in a weird place; so it will be interesting where the writers take her from here. Morgan...so glad he's back and kicking ass. They have bigger plans for him with this show; so I'm happy about that. Which is the opposite with the comics. I will spoil that below using the tags. Finally they are giving Abraham more lines in this show; since he's one of my favorite characters in the comics. So hopefully that changes for the better with the show.

Gimple knows his shit and is easily the right man to steer this show forward. The Wolves are going to be quite the struggle for the group. Changes are happening within the safe zone. What I really wanted to happen in the finale are the following spoilers.

Hidden Text:

The Morgan situation will have more weight and interest to it since they are giving him an arc. Unlike the comics, where Rick finds him still in a weird place; but he doesn't really evolve from there besides sleeping with Michonne and then getting bit when the walls of Alexandria break loose.

Hidden Text:

A cameo of Paul "Jesus" Monroe who becomes a big alley to Rick and they tease the Hilltop area that's not too far from DC. Would of been nice for fans; but they may save that for the end of the first couple episodes of Season 6.

Hidden Text:

One of the Wolves showing up at front of the gates like the Scavengers do in the comics. They are practically going to be the same thing; just with a different name(s). Hopefully it's a little bit more satisfying than the Terminus arc. Which I still enjoyed.

Hidden Text:

They need to take their time with Neagan. Don't introduce him too soon. I feel he's already been cast though by Gimple and Kirkman.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

mrID, I got confused.. I thought you were saying it would be tough to kill pete because he is surgeon, so he may not be killed.  So Rick shot Pete, but I guess both Pete and Reg will turn and he will have to kill them again?

johndivney wrote:

You don't need a surgeon. Never mind a drunk one. The surgeons value is totally oversold. Hope he's proper dead. Assumed he was, but wouldn't be surprised if it were a cheap trick like mrID thought & he overkilled the architect instead.

I'm not going to do wise magic spoilers as I'm starting working my way thru the comics, but I'll say that his thinking it's the best season finale since whenever is quite the damning with faint praise considering what it was up against. P much nothing happened, & what did happen could've been covered in like 10mins instead of an hour. Zzzzzzzzz.... Gimple as a show runner is only flattered by the really, really, really shitty stupefying triple A tv shows that have went before. Some of his work on twd has been truly terrible & often as stupid as those other shows. They still get away with loads of dumb shit and plot holes, it is not a tight ship.

misterID

misterID wrote:

it was a good episode but way too long, and not spectacular enough to warrant as a season finale... mid season finale would be better, maybe. But they needed to end with more about the wolves, something really sadistic.

The episode the week before was better, imo. But it's much better than the rut it was stuck in for a while. The season overall was very good.

johndivney wrote:

Yea I'd agree w/that. A few cheap deaths like blondie & tyreese aside, the 2nd half was particularly better than the last few seasons corresponding spells.
I mean, when the show ramps up the pace I'm more willing to overlook the flaws & just go along for the ride. It's when it slows down it does my head in. Pardon the puns.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Season 6 Comic-Con trailer. The show is back Sunday October 11th at 9/8pm.

..And the prequel spin-off series, FEAR will premiere Sunday August 23rd which will be around the same viewing time. It will lead into the week before the Season 6 premiere. ("It will have 6 episodes like the original series' first season to gain interest and probably budget costs. No, it will not discuss what the virus was or what actually caused the outbreak. Since it would spoil the point of both shows, comics, etc etc. According to creator, Robert Kirkman." "Supposedly it takes place right before Rick goes into a coma or shortly there after by judging from the time line. Show-runners aren't sure if they want the groups to meet up with the main cast down the road.") Looking forward to both. Glad to hear with the new season they'll add more comic moments and certain characters.

Board footer