You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Great News on Cancer!!

Smoking Guns wrote:

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I was blow away by this. Hope you find hope too.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

I posted this on FB, and got one "like." haha. Speaks volumes to the mindset of social media, as I'd be a picture of somebody's dinner or the 1000th selfie got tons of attention. But I digress...

I was very excited to see this, and was still taken back by what I saw. I had a friend a few years ago who said that one day we'd look back on chemotherapy/radiation etc and see it as archaic and almost cruel. I never realized this would be so soon though.

Reprogrammed viruses as a means to fight cancer? Amazing. "Gutting" HIV and then introducing it into the body to attack cancer cells? Sounds like science fiction doesn't it? This is profound stuff and will change the world as we know it. I hope red tape doesn't hold this back. It needs to come to market yesterday.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Guess Cramer and I are the only ones that thought this was awesome.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

What's the video called? I just get a message saying it's private.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Vice - Killing Cancer

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Cramer wrote:

I posted this on FB, and got one "like." haha. Speaks volumes to the mindset of social media, as I'd be a picture of somebody's dinner or the 1000th selfie got tons of attention. But I digress...

I was very excited to see this, and was still taken back by what I saw. I had a friend a few years ago who said that one day we'd look back on chemotherapy/radiation etc and see it as archaic and almost cruel. I never realized this would be so soon though.

Reprogrammed viruses as a means to fight cancer? Amazing. "Gutting" HIV and then introducing it into the body to attack cancer cells? Sounds like science fiction doesn't it? This is profound stuff and will change the world as we know it. I hope red tape doesn't hold this back. It needs to come to market yesterday.

Most people are probably so used to hearing about alternative medicine that is bunk that even when new research surfaces it is barely looked at.

I think killing cancer with a virus seems like a very good idea, and apparently it works. But I'm always weary that big pharma will marginalize these efforts to protect their profits.

At some point I suppose the dam has to break though.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

The video isn't playing for me, says its 'Private'.   There was a piece on 60 minutes a few weeks ago, about using Polio I think to kill off brain cancer.  Not sure what caused the original Doc to try it, I think other diseases were being tried. So he tested animals etc, finally came time to treat a teenage girl, she had little chance (like 6 mos or 3 years to live), & I think she couldn't handle chemo, too strong for her.  So the doc xplns everything & that it is more of a test etc.  Sure enough, they inject polio into that specific part of her brain, and somehow the disease eats away the cancer cells, but they altered the virus somewhat so that the human antibodies can fight it.  Sure enough, 6 mos later she was basically cancer free. I think it worked on another woman but it was a struggle, so the 3rd patient they turned it up & injected more.  Sadly she passed due to the large amount injected. Trial periods I suppose.  So they've dialed it back but had really good results from it since then. I think the girls been like 5 years going on now.

Anyway it only is used for certain forms of brain cancer but sounded pretty successful.  Sometimes I wish I chose a career path a little more worthwhile, along those lines.  Do some good for the world.  Anyway yeah I had an uncle pass away from cancer. Last time I saw him was tough, it was about a week before he passed, and I just knew.  He was a big guy, like 6'3 240, and when I saw him then he was skinnier than me, prolly like 130, it was tough, sad to think what must have been going thru his mind as well, as he had to know his time was ending too.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

First of all, Vice broke this, now all these other news outlets are looking into it.  The Vice special is the one to watch.  45 minutes, commercial free, lots of info.  This shit is amazing.  They are using the HIV Virus, the Cold, Measles Vaccine, and it is working... Can't wait for this to hit the masses if the success continues.

KevinLSteinbach
 Rep: 0 

I think they won't make it for the high masses. Most of the problems in the world can be solved with the research already made but they don't want to get it out to the world so that they can control everything is happening.

Board footer