You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

First episode was ok, nothing special but first episodes rarely are. Just moving characters around to where they need to be.

Hidden Text:

I think Stannis will regret killing Mance, he was more use to them alive imo

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Watched the four. Gotta say they are stretching the material this season. Not much going on, and what is isn't all that interesting. Snow, Littlefinger and Aria have decent story lines, the rest are kinda meh. Especially Cersei can't carry all this screen time on her own.

johndivney wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Watched the four. Gotta say they are stretching the material this season. Not much going on, and what is isn't all that interesting. Snow, Littlefinger and Aria have decent story lines, the rest are kinda meh. Especially Cersei can't carry all this screen time on her own.

Have u read the books?

Hidden Text:

Cersei has p much the major storyline this season

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

No, but I've spoiled myself so I know what will happen. So there's that at least.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I haven't watched the first 4 and won't. I just dont wanna wait that long to see a new episode. But last weeks and tonights show were both kinda bland too me. A lot of changes from the books. Some good moments. I do like Jon and Arya's story lines. Even if it's not exactly the same. Sansa, Danny, and the imp are all way off where they should be I just don't know how I feel about it. Least there have been a few dragon shots. Everyone loves dragons. And the introduction to Dorne was just way too short,

A Private Eye

Watched ep 2 last night. Not read the books except for the first so no idea where the characters are meant to be at this stage. I agree it's all been a bit bland so far though. A lot of screen time for Dany but she was much more fun/intersting when conquering than pondering over every moral issue she has as queen slavers bay. Brienne/Pod and Littlefinger/Sansa is all a bit ponderous for now as well.

Perhaps this is all a product of them running out of books to work from so things are being stretched. Hoping for a slightly quicker pace in the episodes to come. The dragon did look awesome though.

johndivney wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Perhaps this is all a product of them running out of books to work from so things are being stretched.

Oddly enough, I feel the opposite! (Fancy that, me being contrary..?!)

I feel like there's very little setup these days before something happens. Usually I'm all for less development & more forward movement but here I wish they'd slow it down!
In the books it's much more stretched out, more time given to motivations. Here it feels unnecessarily rushed imo..

AtariLegend wrote:

Noticed how Arya's list has halved?

A Private Eye

Enjoyed ep 3. Better paced than last week I think and you can start to see where things might be going.

Looking forward to seeing how the stories in the north intertwine. Jon, Stannis, Littlefinger, Sansa, the Boltons, Theon and possibly Brienne seem set for a head on collision later this series! Could be brilliant!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

John Snow seems like a total badass!!!

Board footer