You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am thinking the Imp and Dragon Mother become allies.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Possibly, she has room for another advisor at her side now.

I didn't feel the show was any poorer this week for not visiting kings landing. I guess part of that is because there's nobody very interesting left there, love em or hate em KL without Joffrey, Tyrion and Tywin is a fairly dull place.

AtariLegend wrote:

In the show she'll probably make Tyrion her adviser after 3 mins of talking, in the books... I'm not convinced it'll be a happy meeting.

fyi Baristan should not have been killed off like Game of Thrones is supposed to be The Walking Dead.

Hidden Text:

That's a passage from the next book, minor spoilers.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

The rape scene bothered me. Everything else was very good. Theon/Reek will get even with Ramsey soon... I HOPE. now that Sansa knows Brienne is out there, shit about to go down. And if they don't do it, Stannis will, and if Stannis doesn't do it, Jon Snow/Stark will. Ramsey is going to get his that little fucker.

AtariLegend wrote:

Sansa doesn't get rapped in the books btw Smoking. Ramsay marrys one of Sansa's childhood friends and they pretend she's Arya instead. Since of course no one has any idea where Arya/Sansa are. Apart from that Littlefinger isn't that foolish to pawn Sansa off to the Boltons in the source material.

They should have given Sophie Turner AKA Sansa the year off, putting her character in another abuse storyline is poor.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Yes, but it seems the books are irrelevant now since the show is so much different.

AtariLegend wrote:

Nah they're doing the same storylines, just doing different twists/variations on them.

Cerseri's ill-thought campaign against Margaery is there too (except Loras isn't a stupid gay sterotype and it's more obvious how stupid Cerseri is/Kevan stays longer)
Arya's training is there too (except it isn't Jaq training her)
Stannis's march against the Boltons is there (Except Sansa/LF have nothing to do with this plot thread)
Jon's story at the night's watch is roughly the same ish, except longer with better dialogue
Danny's storyline involving the Masters is there too (except they don't kill Selmy off for no reason and there's a few more characters involved, and it's again more logical)
Dorne is well... let's say it isn't as stupid.
The adventures of Tryion/Jorah are there too (except of course alot more happens)

So yes it does matter, since the season will end probably the same way as the the 5th Book, only with different variations.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

In the books we get a long nude scene with Cerseri!  The books appear to be much better written based off what everyone says. So if I read the books I would constantly look for inconsistencies.  I am read for Jon Snow to be the badass I know he can be.

The sand snakes are so damn lame on TV. Don't know how they are in the book.

AtariLegend wrote:

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I saw that video the other day, pretty funny.

Solid episode this week, feels like we're hitting the business end of the season. Interested to see how things play out with Cersei, wasn't expecting that twist so soon.

If it's anything like season 4 the final 3 episodes were excellent so im looking forward to seeing what comes next.

Board footer