You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Hey, its been a while.

Lomax wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
Lomax wrote:

I check in pretty much everyday 3 or 4 times a day.
Just don't post much because there's not much to post about.

I think that's how it is for a lot of people. In a way this place has always been like that. When the meat and potatoes are finally served, the table will be full.

Yeah and there's nothing wrong with that. It's a lot more authentic than us trying to make up news stuff to talk about for the sake of it.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
Lomax wrote:

I think that's how it is for a lot of people. In a way this place has always been like that. When the meat and potatoes are finally served, the table will be full.

Exactly, when there's something to talk about activity will pick up.

Fortunately it seems most users here post only when there is something meaningful going on. Posting to try and keep things busy and manufacturer activity doesn't seem to wash with members here and I'm cool with that.

If something good happens with GNR I'm sure members will come out of the woodwork again.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Aussie wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
Lomax wrote:

Fortunately it seems most users here post only when there is something meaningful going on. Posting to try and keep things busy and manufacturer activity doesn't seem to wash with members here and I'm cool with that.

If something good happens with GNR I'm sure members will come out of the woodwork again.

Do you think anythings going to happen tho?  I mean, it doesn't seem a new album is anytime soon.  Not sure how much I'd really care for it, aside from listening to the songs once they're out.  A reunion would be cool, but only for the concert to goto.  I don't think the originals would put out an album. Not before touring at least.  Secondly, isn't GnR basically at the point VH was after ditching Sherrone.  I mean, sure it could be GnR reunited again, but aren't they pretty much past their prime. Sure they might be able to pull something cool off (new sounds sounding like 'Yesterdays'), but that'd probably be about 3-5 years away at this point.

Lomax wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Aussie wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Do you think anythings going to happen tho?  I mean, it doesn't seem a new album is anytime soon.  Not sure how much I'd really care for it, aside from listening to the songs once they're out.  A reunion would be cool, but only for the concert to goto.  I don't think the originals would put out an album. Not before touring at least.  Secondly, isn't GnR basically at the point VH was after ditching Sherrone.  I mean, sure it could be GnR reunited again, but aren't they pretty much past their prime. Sure they might be able to pull something cool off (new sounds sounding like 'Yesterdays'), but that'd probably be about 3-5 years away at this point.

I do. Simply because a man as calculated and careful as Axl Rose doesn't post a tweet from his studio unless he's working on something.

B3-9l8kCcAA-hkA.jpg:large
That was December 4th of last year.

The copyrighting of the name 'Stay of Execution"
Fed that for me.

In my head there's a 3 year window open for the release of new music.

DJ and Fortus' claims I trust less, but they are GNR band members making positive statements about new music.
Lets not forget how rare that is.
During the dark times, 94-08 news like that would have fed our fascination here for months.

If I'm being honest, I expect an album in 2016.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Sadly I don't think much is going to happen.  Sure some activity probably will eventually, but nothing that will generate much discussion, e.g. another tour called something snappy or edgy but really just the same shit served up again.  Possibly a single dropped with it to pretend that things are different, when really they aren't.  Although they are probably too lazy to even drop a single of a song recorded years ago.

A full album dropping or a reunion are the only things that would really generate interest and in-depth discussion for me.  Even the album thing is wearing off as it will no doubt be something that's been sitting in the vault collecting dust for years and should have been released almost 2 decades ago.

I would love to be proved wrong though.  That's probably why I still lurk around and poke my head in every now and then, I'm the eternal optimist that I will eventually be proved wrong and something cool will happen with GNR just for one last time.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

My first log on in 48 weeks..how's it goin

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
Neemo wrote:

My first log on in 48 weeks..how's it goin

Neemo!
Welcome back! 5 3
Hope everything's good 9

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Yea all is good...just been busy as hell...with all the time i had with not postimg on message forums I picked up aircraft model making as a hobby...lol

AtariLegend wrote:

This is the busiest the site has been in years tongue. Which is either a good thing or a bad thing depending on what way you look at it.

All it took was a line from Slash.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

actually I just logged on to see what was up...I have been out of the gnr loop since I had taken a break...must be a gnr 6th sense or something...I log on DJ and Ron have left and Slash and Axl are friends....I'm like WTF is goin on? I haven't seen a flying pig yet tho 16

Board footer