You are not logged in. Please register or login.

NoKnownName
 Rep: 11 

Re: Avenged Sevenfold

NoKnownName wrote:

Here's some great news for fans: http://loudwire.com/avenged-sevenfold-m … rsary-dvd/

Re-release of Waking the Fallen and a new live DVD!

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Heard about this on Facebook and loud-wire a few weeks ago. I'm excited to pick up the re-release since I've been getting into more of their earlier album material. Loved Hail to the King, Nightmare, and The white album. Still need to listen to alot more of City of Evil and other things. Listened to a few songs off of this album and I dug it. Wanted to wait to get this re-release due to the bonus material and additions. Can't go wrong with that. Thanks for the link!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I don't have Waking The Fallen, as I could never really get into the screamo vocals
But I dig it when they play songs from that album live these days, because he actually sings that stuff instead, and the music beneath it is really good too

I'll definitely pick the reissue up, and I'm looking forward to the live DVD too.

These guys just go from strength to strength.
They're gonna be up there with a lot of classic rock and metal bands in a few years if they keep going like they are! 9 5

Me_Wise_Magic

metallex78 wrote:

I don't have Waking The Fallen, as I could never really get into the screamo vocals
But I dig it when they play songs from that album live these days, because he actually sings that stuff instead, and the music beneath it is really good too

I'll definitely pick the reissue up, and I'm looking forward to the live DVD too.

These guys just go from strength to strength.
They're gonna be up there with a lot of classic rock and metal bands in a few years if they keep going like they are! 9 5

I wholeheartedly agree! 5

NoKnownName
 Rep: 11 

NoKnownName wrote:

Just got done listening to Waking the Fallen: Resurrected, and it was fantastic.

The original album holds up very well as an example of a fusion between metalcore and heavy metal. The guitar playing is good, Shadows' clean vocals aren't as nasal as they would be on later releases (particularly City of Evil), and the Rev's drumming is great as always. The bonus CD is also great, with some interesting demos and live rarities. The only track I didn't like was the demo (here called the "alternate") version of Second Heartbeat. A live version of Clairvoyant Disease would have also been great, but aside from that, the bonus disc is very well put together. A must-listen, if not buy, for fans of Avenged Sevenfold's earlier (and better IMO) work.

Me_Wise_Magic

Glad to hear your thoughts on the bonus b sides and demos disc. Finally got around to purchasing and listening to the Resurrected re-release and I really enjoyed it. Watched the DVD and it's an interesting doc on how the band was establishing their sound and members coming into the fold. Would of been sweet if they got some press interviews with Jimmy during that time before he passed away; but I can understand. I liked the video for Unholy that was released first officially because it does express their love for their fans and how things have evolved and changed over the years. Even though I became a fan of the band since last year. I liked alot of the songs on here better than on City of Evil and in some ways the white album. Due to their structure and they are more lean with the awesome musicianship. Didn't know how much Gates, The Rev, and Zack shine on this album. More of a fan of Matt's clean vocals; but I do love me some metal core sounds with the guttural screamo vocals since that's the metal I grew up in high school with bands like Killswitch and such. Definitely worth the price with what you get in the set. It's packaged nicely and the band should be proud of where they're going now and glad they are able to look back at their past and embrace well with their future. Arin's a great drummer and I love Hail to the King.

Me_Wise_Magic

Less than a month ago, Arin Ilejay has left Avenged as their drummer. They are hoping to look for a new guy for the next album cycle. Hopefully somebody permanent this time. I liked Arin because he played the old songs brilliant with so much enthusiasm and he did great on "Hail". It just sucks with the situation right now. I don't know if it was egos clashing and I hate the over used term of creative differences. The band has also updated their official website recently too.

http://www.avengedsevenfold.com/

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

Less than a month ago, Arin Ilejay has left Avenged as their drummer. They are hoping to look for a new guy for the next album cycle. Hopefully somebody permanent this time. I liked Arin because he played the old songs brilliant with so much enthusiasm and he did great on "Hail". It just sucks with the situation right now. I don't know if it was egos clashing and I hate the over used term of creative differences. The band has also updated their official website recently too.

Yeah i loved his drumming mate I dont understand why they got rid of him

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I reckon it may be that Arin wanted to do more typical Avenged style drumming like the Rev, and the band maybe wanted him to keep to the simple style of Hail to the King.

Shame to see him go, seemed like a good guy, and a really great drummer too

Me_Wise_Magic

Gibbo wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

Yeah i loved his drumming mate I dont understand why they got rid of him

I don't get it either man. Hopefully they find one that's even better and not a bunch of session guys.

Board footer