You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: what demos have surfaced as entire songs?

Neemo wrote:

sorry...still kinda out of the loop...trying to get tabs on all gnr songs that have been out since 1999

so I know of OMG and the CD album

plus

"blood in the water" and "going down" and some remixes of 'Better'

has anything else leaked in it in its entirety?

AtariLegend wrote:

Blood in the Water was never confirmed to be a real, unless you could "insiders".

Still waiting on that "Atlas Shrugged", "Silkworms" demo's classic Rock/Mick Wall ect. claimed they heard years ago.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:

Has 'Blood In The Water' aka 'Prostitute Remix' leaked in its entirety? I only heard that 20 second snippet. I haven't heard anything of Atlas Shrugged, but a few seconds of Silkworms somewhere on Soundcloud. Then rumor has it that there is the re-recorded Oh My God, as well as a bunch of other remixes from CD.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Vale wrote:

Has 'Blood In The Water' aka 'Prostitute Remix' leaked in its entirety? I only heard that 20 second snippet. I haven't heard anything of Atlas Shrugged, but a few seconds of Silkworms somewhere on Soundcloud. Then rumor has it that there is the re-recorded Oh My God, as well as a bunch of other remixes from CD.

No, just the snippet. Haven't been any full new song leaks since "Going Down" that I am aware of. Some remixes of Better and what not, but I don't consider them new songs.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Blood in the Water's leaked in its entirety. I listened to it this morning, in fact. There's Better Gone (a deeply odd Brain-remix of Better), a DJ Ashba Better remix that sounds exactly like you'd expect, a Bumblefoot acoustic version of Better that was recorded during the Barefoot sessions, and Going Down.

It's enormously frustrating to know that there are demos like the re-recorded OMG in (limited) circulation and that we can't hear them.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Blood in the Water's leaked in its entirety. I listened to it this morning, in fact. There's Better Gone (a deeply odd Brain-remix of Better), a DJ Ashba Better remix that sounds exactly like you'd expect, a Bumblefoot acoustic version of Better that was recorded during the Barefoot sessions, and Going Down.

It's enormously frustrating to know that there are demos like the re-recorded OMG in (limited) circulation and that we can't hear them.

Where did you find the full Blood In The Water? I'd be curious to hear that..

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Blood in the Water's leaked in its entirety. .

I thought that was fake?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

THe version i hears is very repetative...doesn't strike me as an axl tune...he always has tons of lyrics

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

polluxlm wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Blood in the Water's leaked in its entirety. .

I thought that was fake?

It's a remix of Prostitute by Brain, according to (IIRC) MSL over at GN'R Truth. In any case, there's no way it can be fake. Although the lyrics consist entirely of the phrase "I see blood in the water," it's voiced in a variety of different ways, and no-one's ever provided a satisfactory explanation for how a fan planning a fake track could get hold of several different instances of Axl singing the phrase. And – with the best will in the world – I don't think any of the fans who've remixed tracks have done so to the standard of BITW – there's some sophisticated music production going on in there.

There is apparently an actual song called Blood in the Water from which those lines are sourced, but it's never seen the light of day.

If memory serves, the remaining tracks in circulation among traders that have yet to leak are: Jackie Chan/Checkmate, a remix of OMG, Silkworms, and a remix of TIL.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I remember hearing that clip of Jackie Chan awhile back and thinking it wasn't half-bad. I'd also love to hear OMG with Buckethead on lead.

Going Down is a pretty good tune, tho. I spin it once in a while if the mood strikes me.

Board footer