You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

Re: Small CD mention by Sean Beavan (from '06)

sic. wrote:

From a time when there were too much GNR activity to notice this:

NINa: The newest album of Guns n' Roses titled "Chinese Democracy" is supposed to be released this year. What made you decide to work with Axl and the band?

Sean Beavan: My friend Billy Howerdel (Guitarist of Perfect Circle) was Axl's guitar tech and he and Robin Finck (NIN, GNR) approached me about producing Axl's record. They were great friends and it was good to work with them. I also met Tommy Stinson there (Replacements and GNR bassist) and we became great friends.

- Fabryka, 08/15/06

Beavan doesn't seem to have that many horror stories. Robin had had hands-on experiences with Beavan before, as he'd served as NIN's Front of House engineer. Still, kind of funny that a guitar player and a guitar tech are the ones contacting a producer in Axl's dream project. Does make it sound like Axl was getting anxious in landing a producer after Moby and Youth both stepped out.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

didn't Brain recommend Bucket too...or was it the other way around?
Also, Frank got a call because of Richard?
Same with Ron....someone else recommended him...?

Looks to me like Axl has been getting others to do his dirty laundry for quite some time...

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Bucket recommened Brain after Freese left
Sorum recommended Finck before he was fired
I think it was Tommy that recommended Fortus

and Slash says in his book that Axl left it up to Slash to find replacements for both Steven and Izzy...i think he said he kinda resented Axl for that too for having to make the decisions without Axl

though Tobias, Dizzy and Pitman were all purely Axl choices

not sure where Ron or bucket were recommended from hmm

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Bucket recommened Brain after Freese left
Sorum recommended Finck before he was fired
I think it was Tommy that recommended Fortus

and Slash says in his book that Axl left it up to Slash to find replacements for both Steven and Izzy...i think he said he kinda resented Axl for that too for having to make the decisions without Axl

though Tobias, Dizzy and Pitman were all purely Axl choices

not sure where Ron or bucket were recommended from hmm

Ron was recommended by Joe Satriani.

Sky Dog wrote:

Tommy was recommended by Josh Freese.:butt:

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Also, I'm not sure that Bucket was recommended.  I remember Axl sought after him for a while, and finally got him to join after he gave him a leatherface doll or something like that. 

It's a very weird story, which is to be expected with anything involving Buckethead.  Hehe

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think it makes sence when your famous that you would go with advice from friends and so forth. Like its not like axl wants to put an add in the newspaper and interview 100 people a day. (even though VR did!) So you'd be limited to the incestious circle of professional musicians and their buddies....

Board footer