You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!

buzzsaw wrote:

There are plenty of indications out there that something is happening.  The biggest problem is nobody that is in the know officially has confirmed anything, and given gnr's history I don't blame people for being skeptical. 

I believe what I believe and while it has evolved a little as more information comes out, Slash,  Duff, and Axl will be on stage together in some capacity within the next 18 months.  There's nothing that has come out that has made me change my thinking on this part of it.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The music with Izzy was totally different. Scott didn't like it because it sounded too much like guns, too classic rock he said. He rejected all the Izzy songs from what I recall. That may be a good thing because I don't trust Scott's taste...  He loved Big Machine.

Izzy's "Bomb" riff is close enough to "Do It For The Kids" that I'm convinced the VR song is an Izzy track:

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

There are plenty of indications out there that something is happening.
I believe what I believe and while it has evolved a little as more information comes out, Slash,  Duff, and Axl will be on stage together in some capacity within the next 18 months.

That's your take and you're entitled to it.

However, what are the indications (aside the click n' bait brouhaha) that there's development?
Seriously, I'm curious.

So far, there's the Slash take.

This was months before it made 'news'. Anything else?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Apex, you are right. Plus we have the recent denial from Slash, Axl, and Duff... Since they all denied it publicly there is nothing to discuss here. Good thing they denied it or these rumors would just keep getting bigger and bigger!

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
sp1at wrote:

It happens with ABBA all the time.

I'm gonna write a book about the buzz surrounding this reunion, and call it "Car Washes, Drunk Sluts, and ABBA"

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Apex, you are right. Plus we have the recent denial from Slash, Axl, and Duff... Since they all denied it publicly there is nothing to discuss here. Good thing they denied it or these rumors would just keep getting bigger and bigger!

Where's the denials? Genuine question btw I just haven't seen anything?

I thought Slash was now 'no comment'ing on reunion questions? Duff is tweeting pics with old school GNR pics in the background. Has Axl made any kind of comment about anything in the last couple of months?

Or were you joking and I've totally missed it 16

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Where's the denials? Genuine question btw I just haven't seen anything?

I thought Slash was now 'no comment'ing on reunion questions? Duff is tweeting pics with old school GNR pics in the background. Has Axl made any kind of comment about anything in the last couple of months?

Or were you joking and I've totally missed it 16

Clearly joking. Haha. There is no denial. No denial gives hope.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Are we officially past "days away" yet?

No.. Days away means,"by Christmas"

That's longer than "days", dude.  16

It's more like the end of the year.

I've heard from more than one person that these reunion rumors are being stirred and started by promoters.  I still believe Duff is in the band and there are some kind of negotiations with Slash going on. I'm not even sure they would call what's happening a reunion.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Apex, you are right. Plus we have the recent denial from Slash, Axl, and Duff...

Huh?

Right about what? I thought I was asking a question instead of voicing an opinion.

Smoking Guns wrote:

Clearly joking. Haha. There is no denial. No denial gives hope.

Ok, funny man.

I'll rephrase the question.

What other subtle signs there are pointing to a reunion besides Slash's recent comments?
His comments in CBS This Morning in May led to the Aftonbladet interview question in August.

I'm genuinely curious as to what else has since been brought up as something warranting interest.
Try Duff tweeting something featuring a photo the AFD lineup.

What else is there?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I still believe Duff is in the band and there are some kind of negotiations with Slash going on. I'm not even sure they would call what's happening a reunion.

I believe both are already in.  The only questions are the details of when and who is going along for the ride.

Board footer