You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: The Walking Dead

Smoking Guns wrote:

Fuck this.

johndivney wrote:

Boring as fuck.
Far too much talking.
Only old wrinkly face died.

Show needs a major cull. Glad Deanna's face won't be seen again.
But typical episode. Characters acting stupid & still surviving. If this is what it's going to be like I think I'd rather become a zombie than live with those sort of people.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

^^^^^ what he said!

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

The only bit I enjoyed was actually Carl. "Your dad was an asshole.".

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I agree with everyone's points and opinions so far. The biggest issue I have with the episode above all is that it feels short and has so many issues that could easily get resolved; but again keep dropping throughout the whole thing. I feel this is AMC's fault this time where they wanted to cut the episode to hype up the rest of the season which is bullshit. They had the perfect opportunity and could of easily finished that important plot point near the end (which is from the comics) and extend the episode for a little bit. They have the money to do that. Also it could be Gimple's fault as well with his experimenting. Which I think the show has done enough of. They keep delaying the inevitable. Some main characters that showed up in the episode were in it for one scene given nothing to do. They don't need this much exposition. Especially this late in the series. They had the perfect opportunity to do the scene and have a few more deaths; but they played it cheap and way too safe. Also the prologue/end credits scene afterwards was fine; but it could of been in the actual episode. Seriously? I really don't want them rushing into Neagan too soon. Looks like that Wolf leader will still be around as a threat, maybe more Wolves are still out there that weren't shot at/killed by Rick & Carol or other members of the survivors. Why couldn't they have one of the kids die? Also no Jesus or Hilltop reveal either...fuck...!  Also please for the love of god if "Into the Badlands" is affecting the run time for the show, then move the show up to a different spot during the week or move it till 11pm instead. What they should of done in terms of writing and structure was take elements of the last episode and the beginning and ending bits of the mid season episode. That would make it feel much more satisfying and the pacing would make for a better story. Then take the end credits scene and add a few action bits, there ya go. This felt more like a filler episode wrapping a few loose ends. Hoping things change for the better when February rolls around.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Why did the my let into the badlands dictate the schedule? That show is fun but won't have lasting ability. We spent 90 minutes on Morgan and Eastman but only get 60 minutes for a mid season finale?  What kind of pussy shit is that?

Me_Wise_Magic

Smoking Guns wrote:

Why did the my let into the badlands dictate the schedule? That show is fun but won't have lasting ability. We spent 90 minutes on Morgan and Eastman but only get 60 minutes for a mid season finale?  What kind of pussy shit is that?

I get why they are showing it right after Walking Dead to pull in that viewership and ratings; but it still doesn't fit in that particular time at night. I've seen bits of episodes from that show and I really don't care for it to be honest. I know AMC wants more adaptations and original shows; but they have other days of the week to do that. I know that Norman Reedus is helping with one of them right now besides his time on TWD. Should of been the complete opposite situation indeed. The issue with the Morgan episode was it shouldn't of been during the beginning of this season. It should of happened either in Season 4 or somewhere in the middle of 5 as a couple of flash back moments. I didn't mind the episode and it had some great acting; but it just felt out of place for the show in general. Especially the ending and how it tied into this past episode makes Morgan come off as even more delusional and lost than he was before. Should of been it's own separate special that still connected to the show; but didn't detract from the season's main story or try to confuse the viewers.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I agree with others, far too much story line & talking in this one.  I was surprised, that the episode the zombies broke thru the fences, wasn't all that much fear or action?!   That almost seemed like a subplot to me I was confused.

Me_Wise_Magic

PaSnow wrote:

I agree with others, far too much story line & talking in this one.  I was surprised, that the episode the zombies broke thru the fences, wasn't all that much fear or action?!   That almost seemed like a subplot to me I was confused.

I don't blame ya. It didn't feel like a midseason break at all. Either someone did a bad job at editing the footage or AMC just got greedy. Probably both theories. I read this interesting article on Forbes that discusses and shares alot of the sentiments that we all have right now.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/ … an-set-up/

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Apparently if the spoilers that leaked are true. The midseason opener will be one to remember. Kinda gives me hope for the show.

Board footer