You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: How much of the board actually believes a reunion will happen?

johndivney wrote:

Sweet. I was at the Leeds show in 2001. Was an epic night. Not my ideal venue but a few guys I know would be up for a trip back for old times sake. We'll see on Friday then I guess.. If not before!

Do you think we will see a reunion within the next few years?

Yes 75%
No 25%
Total votes: 40
misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
sp1at wrote:

AEG are working with GN'R on something, I am happy with that now. It's frustrating because I cannot get any detail. Due to the tour management set up, it makes the Reading Leeds festival more likely than Sonisphere, and it also throws Roskilde into the equation.

I will leave asking for three/four weeks or so now, because some announcements are coming up on key festivals, so we will probably know more soon anyway

Key tour personel for GN'R are Rod MacSween and Ken Fermaglich if you want to do your own searches

If they're looking at festivals they must've found a new guitarist smile

Buzz, if Slash and Duff are back in the band, I think that will be the reunion. I wouldn't hold my breath for any other former member except Izzy in some fashion.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

johndivney wrote:

Sweet. I was at the Leeds show in 2001. Was an epic night. Not my ideal venue but a few guys I know would be up for a trip back for old times sake. We'll see on Friday then I guess.. If not before!

The venue itself for Leeds has changed since then. It's at Bramham Park now instead of Temple Newsham.

If GnR are announced on Friday we'll no doubt get more info soon. As it stands we're two guitarists down, possibly a bassist as well. Even if there's no reunion there's currently half the band missing. That said I think if a Slashless/Duffless lineup is announced it would go down like a cup of cold sick at this point.

AtariLegend wrote:

Unfortunately I think APE you're right.

If there isn't going to be a reunion or at least Slash/Axl playing together, then they need to say now beforehand. It would be incredibly cynical for them to be announced as headliners (which itself is only a rumour) without it being made clear who's in the band.

The UK press have ran wild with speculation to the point where casual fans probably a reunion is happening.

johndivney wrote:

There isn't half a band missing. It just hasn't been officially announced/confirmed from the horses mouth/TB. They're back in.
You don't get any info from the head honcho until well after the fact as far as communication goes w/regards Guns. But it's surely an open secret this long time.

Who still doesn't think/believe the reunion is happening?

I actually did see one of my friends drink someone else's puke once. Another friend had been sick into a pint glass & didn't tell anyone just continued to sit there drinking, & the guy picked it up & drank from it by accident. It still grosses me out thinking back on it.

AtariLegend wrote:
johndivney wrote:

I actually did see one of my friends drink someone else's puke once. Another friend had been sick into a pint glass & didn't tell anyone just continued to sit there drinking, & the guy picked it up & drank from it by accident. It still grosses me out thinking back on it.

Thanks for the info.

johndivney wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Will have to bump this thread either when a reunion is announced or in 2 years.

Consider it bumped.

AtariLegend wrote:

Forgot about this thread.

I probably should have had more faith tongue.

johndivney wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Forgot about this thread.

I probably should have had more faith tongue.

Not to blow my own trumpet, but it played out p much exactly as I called it.. I am good at blowing my own trumpet..
few others in same boat as me mind: buzz/lofton/SG..

AtariLegend wrote:

Not so sure.

Check your PMs.

Board footer