You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Re: NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!

Ali wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Hey Ali. Haven't seen you here in a long time. Good to see you again. Were you also at Sp1at? We had a Sp1at reunion going here a few years back.

Hello James.  Indeed I was.  Those were some fun times for me!

Hopefully, some fun times ahead for GN'R fans.  If it brings more union to the fanbase, all the better.

Ali

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
sp1at wrote:
Ali wrote:
sp1at wrote:

GN'R Truth are supposedly reading us

For those reading at GN'R truth, the AEG contact thing is old now, I just meant do not contact whilst I was, that was all. They are not speaking to anyone now, so it does not matter. And, Hi to Ali and Cineater, I hope you are both well.

Hello sir.  How are you?

Potentially interesting times about to begin.  I hope you are well, too.

Ali

Hiya Ali. Good to see ya smile

Good to see you too.

Thanks for adding your thoughts and insights.

Ali

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I see GN'R facebook posted the 2006 logo that got them sued for combining Slash's design with the new one.

http://s17.postimg.org/hcfb96bfj/gnr.jpg

It has the caption "Oh, my salvation… Oh, my frustrations…"  I know GN'Rs online crew post a lot of drivel, but they did get sued for using this and they had to stop using it, so maybe it does have some backhanded meaning.

I posted this in twits and tweets, and I think it's pretty significant...
PR Brown designed that logo, it was on his website, then removed, for the cover of a never released GNR Best Of double album. What was strange was the use of the Chinese era font and star mixed with the original logo for a beset of. I always thought it was a quiet pitch for the cover of CD. I might be wrong, but I don't think that logo has ever been officially used before.

Yeah, like you pointed out, they were legally prevented from using it. Now they are, a hybrid of the original and CD eras.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I never heard anything about that design except it was pretty famous in europe for the 2006 tour, then it disapeared. This was the logo that appeared in British newspapers out the blue announcing 2006 UK tour dates, it was on a friday. And most of the tickets sold out that day btw big_smile

Also Download Festival had been confirmed for a wee while before hand now I think on it.

GunsnRosesWeb.jpg

we only found out there was a problem with it during the Axl chats december 2008 where he pointed out they'd been sued over some "Murky Merckness" combining the logos, or some shit like that.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I never heard anything about that design except it was pretty famous in europe for the 2006 tour, then it disapeared. This was the logo that appeared in British newspapers out the blue announcing 2006 UK tour dates, it was on a friday. And most of the tickets sold out that day btw big_smile

Also Download Festival had been confirmed for a wee while before hand now I think on it.

http://www.w-axl-rose.com/Venues/2006/GunsnRosesWeb.jpg

we only found out there was a problem with it during the Axl chats december 2008 where he pointed out they'd been sued over some "Murky Merckness" combining the logos, or some shit like that.

Yup, MSL pointed out its use for the 2006 tour and they were sued, and forbidden to use it. Still think its telling they use it now.

And another funny thing bout that, Perla had gone on a warpath trying to trademark all GNR logos, and blocking any attempt to release live DVDs, which led to lawsuits and Axl's hatred towards Slash. Perla is gone, Slash signed off on the AFD Bluray... Pretty interesting stuff.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Fuck sake that logo was for the 2006 European tour, nothing else. Fuckin "insiders" gimmie a break 10

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Sorry MSL pointed it out? Axl told us all in 2008, we had a good discussion about it all and its ramifications here. Fucks sakes man, when did you become his town crier? Insider this, insider that....  14

misterID

misterID wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Sorry MSL pointed it out? Axl told us all in 2008, we had a good discussion about it all and its ramifications here. Fucks sakes man, when did you become his town crier? Insider this, insider that....  14

Olorin, I was talking about the fact I SAID I didn't think it was ever officially used, and he pointed out it was, so I posted I WAS WRONG. But please, be a fucking prick about it, go right ahead.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Guys, I thought we all remembered this. ID, you memory seems, how should I say, "hazy"

Olorin

Olorin wrote:
misterID wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Olorin, I was talking about the fact I SAID I didn't think it was ever officially used, and he pointed out it was, so I posted I WAS WRONG. But please, be a fucking prick about it, go right ahead.

Aye, I'm being a dick... Your the one who bounces around forum to forum trying to pick out nuggets from all the rumours of attention seeking wallopers floating around the internet, to come here as if your some kind of important bearer of information. Whatever dude, enjoy, hope it makes you feel real good about yourself. Personally I dont really give a fuck about man nor beast in this internet cartoon cavalcade, I was only interested in the music from my beginnings online till right fucking now.

Toodle Oo 5

Board footer