You are not logged in. Please register or login.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

Re: The Star Wars Thread *NO SPOILERS ALLOWED!*

deadsouth wrote:

Rlly sick of the "it's better than the prequels" bullshit excuse for giving this shit flick a pass...

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I feel bad for you guys here that didn't enjoy it. Yeah, it was a bit of a throwback for nostalgia sake, but compared to the horrid prequels, it was definitely a step in the right direction.

I found the characters to be warm and interesting compared to the wooden Anakin from 2 & 3, and they had a real sincerity to them too.

I want to see it again before making final judgment on where it ranks amongst the previous 6 films.

Don't feel bad. It makes it easier for me to ignore it canon wise like this. A half decent movie would have been way worse.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Still haven't seen it (though I will this week).  Overall from fans it seems mostly positive or completely negative from my friends at least. Interesting how divided the reviews are from people I know.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I've heard only good things from everyone except you guys 16

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Outside of the prequels, it was still a good film. Definitely sits alongside the original trilogy in my opinion.

For those yet to see it. Go in with no expectations, and you may be pleasantly surprised. I sure was

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I loved it. Can't wait to see it again. I rank it above Episode lV: A New Hope and the list would be the following so far. Empire, Jedi, Force, New Hope, Sith, Phantom, and lastly Clones. This ranking could change over time. The new cast was really enjoyable and charming to watch. Bring on Episode 8, baby!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Am I the only one who actually liked the prequels?

Me_Wise_Magic

misterID wrote:

Am I the only one who actually liked the prequels?

I really like the prequels. Not just because I grew up with them as a kid. I just think like many others, looking back at those movies, they needed a script polish or a collaborator to work with Lucas that saw eye to eye with him and who could also say "no" to him at the same time. He needed a dialogue and character development guy for a screen writer. Other than besides a little more story structure, they are enjoyable movies in their own ways. Especially Revenge of the Sith which has some amazing scenes. I just don't care much for Attack of the Clones though.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Revenge Of The Sith I put right under Empire.

Me_Wise_Magic

misterID wrote:

Revenge Of The Sith I put right under Empire.

I could see that. That's cool.

Board footer