You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: I know we're all excited but...

slcpunk wrote:

How pissed will you be if Axl shows up  bloated and singing for shit?

AndyShores
 Rep: 11 

AndyShores wrote:

Pissed?  No, because nobody owes any of us jack shit.  I'd be disappointed though, and not disappointed IN Axl, but FOR Axl.  Before you call me an apologist, I frame this as such because I can not imagine someone with the artistic integrity that Axl unquestionably has coming out not ready on purpose or because he didn't give a fuck.  Did he not give a fuck at times with the "new GN'R"?  Frankly, I think so at times.  Its a matter of getting divorced unwillingly and trying to convince yourself you're happy with the new chick when you know you're not fulfilled.   This is probably much bigger to all of them than they'd admit, bigger than it is to us in some respects.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

Well to be honest, I felt like he has been dialing it in for a while now. I'd be irritated if he continued to do so with such a big opportunity here. This is going to be huge news, and if he gets up there and is lazy....what a waste.  If he showed up lean n' mean like 2006, that would be killer. I want to be optimistic, but I'm giving it 50/50.

AndyShores

AndyShores wrote:

2006 Axl would be absolutely incredible.  He comes out in that form vocally, and this will be a spectacular sight to behold.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

I'd love this.

Judging by that recent image and median of performances in between 2011-4, I'm bracing myself for something... less.

Just how it goes. If we're lucky, he'll consider this something more than a cashgrab.

AtomsNest
 Rep: 10 

AtomsNest wrote:

It would be disappointing, and annoying. After running the band into the ground, this is an opportunity to turn things around. It would be stupid of him to drop the ball.

I don't think he will though. I reckon being back with Slash will light a fire in him.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

Pissed, not really. Very disappointed for sure. It's the last chance they/he have/has. If it all goes to shit this band is dead and buried.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

And when I say "pissed" I'm applying a much more liberal definition to it. Irritated, let down, annoyed...whatever. I don't specifically mean very angry etc.

AndyShores

AndyShores wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

I'd love this.

Judging by that recent image and median of performances in between 2011-4, I'm bracing myself for something... less.

Just how it goes. If we're lucky, he'll consider this something more than a cashgrab.

14.5 weeks away from Coachella, that's more than plenty of time to get in good cardiovascular shape.  Someone get that man some TRT and albuterol!

Nik
 Rep: 6 

Nik wrote:
Cramer wrote:

How pissed will you be if Axl shows up  bloated and singing for shit?

Well, those that yelled for reunion since 20 years should be pissed

Board footer