You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Guns N' Roses-Velvet Revolver hybrid?

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Only GNR could fuck this up. Why does Axl feel so obligated to keep the hired guns on?  I still believe Slash and Duff will do it right which means we get the original 5 pro shot

Really no reason for Fortus. I don't mind Ferrer so much, but would rather have Adler. Sorum can go jump off a bridge.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

When they do a stripped set of just Adler, Izzy, Duff, Axl, and Slash there will be thousands of simultaneous orgasms at whatever venue they play, that is how much it will mean to people.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Only GNR could fuck this up. Why does Axl feel so obligated to keep the hired guns on?  I still believe Slash and Duff will do it right which means we get the original 5 pro shot

Bit early to be blaming Axl, we don't even know the lineup yet. If we believe everything we've heard we're gonna have 3 drummers and 3 rhythm guitarists on any given night. I can't really see it playing out like that. I certainly don't think Kushner would be Axls idea.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

When was the last time Izzy did a full tour? Can Adler's sobriety be 100% assured for the duration of the tour?

Assuming Frank and Richard are in, I would ponder those questions prior to answering yours.

Ali

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Bit early to be blaming Axl, we don't even know the lineup yet. If we believe everything we've heard we're gonna have 3 drummers and 3 rhythm guitarists on any given night. I can't really see it playing out like that. I certainly don't think Kushner would be Axls idea.

I agree. Too early to jump the gun. I think Slash based off previous comments wants the AFD 5. I think the RNRHOF plus Axl and sometimes Izzy is all we need. Basically I am anti Fortus, Frank, Pittman. But if Axl MUST have 3 guitar players. I want Slash Izzy Gilby, if Izzy is out 4tus is okay if 4tus is out Slash Gilby Dave is okay. Dave is a pretty good player himself.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Ali wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

When was the last time Izzy did a full tour? Can Adler's sobriety be 100% assured for the duration of the tour?

Assuming Frank and Richard are in, I would ponder those questions prior to answering yours.

Ali

I would bring both Matt and Adler on tour. If Stevie falls off the wagon Matt takes over and nobody notices. Frank is an average drummer anyway.

I will accept Richard should Izzy be unable to go. He is a monster player himself.

Nik
 Rep: 6 

Nik wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

You must think that, if they are really doing this thing, it's not as it was 30 years ago....
Some sort of "reunion" would be the result of a negotiation. Remember that Axl owns Guns N Roses now. If he want his men in, they'll be in.

Since Izzy doesn't love to tour, he could do only some dates. Then Richard is the perfect fit, from Axl's perspective.
Since Adler is probably not the perfect fit for a whole tour, then he could do only a few dates. Then Frank is there for the job.

In the UYI tours, they had a second keyboard / second percussion / etc (Zig Zag)... In the modern era, Chris has been with Axl since day 1, with Dizzy, in every tour of the new lineup(s)... So, he seems the best choice for Mr. Rose.

They are all great on stage.. Duff already played with them, Izzy already played with them.

Slash? Come on, in his career, Slash has been playing with / for everyone.. from Micheal Jackson to Vasco Rossi.. 14 14 14 14

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I agree. Too early to jump the gun. I think Slash based off previous comments wants the AFD 5. I think the RNRHOF plus Axl and sometimes Izzy is all we need. Basically I am anti Fortus, Frank, Pittman. But if Axl MUST have 3 guitar players. I want Slash Izzy Gilby, if Izzy is out 4tus is okay if 4tus is out Slash Gilby Dave is okay. Dave is a pretty good player himself.

I was personally hoping for a two guitar return too. But I am okay with Fortus if Izzy doesn't want to fully commit to it. Although I really fucking want Izzy there and hope if new music is coming that Izzy is or was involved. Gilby is not necessary for me. It would be nice if at some point he is involved. I hope to see the original 5 at some point. My perfect senerio would be the original 5 open the cochella set and then whatever line up will be touring can finish it out. I don't think Adler will be a full part of it. It's too much of a gamble on an already rocky ship. I've always seen Matt as replaceable so Frank is alright by me.

The only reason I see Pitman still involved is new music and playing CD or new songs live. If they are only playing the classic songs why have him on board? 

As for Dave.. odd. Why him and not Gilby if they are going 3 guitars. He's obviously someone that Slash would have brought in. Maybe for writing purposes?

We don't know the full story. After Axl and Slash speak this could all make sense or turn out false. Either way the excitement is in the air.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Because Slash and Duff are rejoining, basically.

If Frank and Richard are deal breakers for anyone, that's a shame.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Frank sucks. Richard is really good though I don't really love his punch rhythm style.

Board footer