You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Official Statement coming from Guns camp tonight.

tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:
Rex wrote:

People are bitching about a bloated lineup like they've never seen the fuckin UYI DVDs before. The only people that mattered on that stage were Duff, Slash, and Axl, and I'm pretty fuckin content to be seeing them on stage together again.

Yes. The only thing that really matters is Duff and Slash. It seems like we're moving the goal posts here when we used to always debate Slash being back in the band and that's who Axl needed. I don't remember too many Adler debates. The guys rejoined the band. Plain and simple. Everyone and their mother should have known Axl was never going to reunite the original or UYI lineup.

Not only is Slash back, he is going to be playing on new material with Axl. Awesome stuff. Its a band, not a cash grab tour.

Yeah, a merger of VR and Nu-Guns could be pretty badass if people actually stop and think about it. VR was missing something. Nu-Guns was missing something. Put them together and they can help fix each other's shortcomings. Get Izzy's help on the songwriting and who knows, we could end up with overall better/more consistently good material than UYI (which was often brilliant, but had too much filler).

AndyShores
 Rep: 11 

AndyShores wrote:
misterID wrote:
Rex wrote:

People are bitching about a bloated lineup like they've never seen the fuckin UYI DVDs before. The only people that mattered on that stage were Duff, Slash, and Axl, and I'm pretty fuckin content to be seeing them on stage together again.

Yes. The only thing that really matters is Duff and Slash. It seems like we're moving the goal posts here when we used to always debate Slash being back in the band and that's who Axl needed. I don't remember too many Adler debates. The guys rejoined the band. Plain and simple. Everyone and their mother should have known Axl was never going to reunite the original or UYI lineup.

Not only is Slash back, he is going to be playing on new material with Axl. Awesome stuff. Its a band, not a cash grab tour.

That last statement is what really excites me.  It seems pretty clear that this iteration of the band is just that - a band.  One intended to produce, and that is more than I would have ever dreamed of.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:
AndyShores wrote:
misterID wrote:
Rex wrote:

That last statement is what really excites me.  It seems pretty clear that this iteration of the band is just that - a band.  One intended to produce, and that is more than I would have ever dreamed of.

great points and I agree with everything here 100%.

I was totally wrong on the reunion. for the last 5+ years I was convinced it would never happen. I had no hope whatsoever. I'm blown the fuck away. just seeing Slash posting shit as part of GnR. and hearing rumors that they could release new music together. it's unreal.

so fucking excited!!!!:mosh:

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I will accept the lineup and pay. Just get annoyed at the happiness by Frank and Pitman when they were never happy about the pre Slash tours. I think they should shut the fuck and let the focus be on Slash and Duff for a few days then start pumping it. Nobody is going there to see them. They are going to see the Big 3. Again, I will support it, just semi bummed at the moment.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Dude, they have been part of the band for over 10 years, damn near 20, I'm sure they're excited. Chill. They have just as much right as anyone to be excited. And fuck, they're simply responding to congrats, etc. This is progress. Stop pissing on everyone's good time.

Slash has supposedly already been in the studio. So we might be hearing him on a GNR album sooner rather than later.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

It's not perfect, but I am good with what we have. I learned to appreciate the new band for what they were and I'm sure not going to let a drummer or extra keyboard guy ruin this for me.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
sandman wrote:
AndyShores wrote:
misterID wrote:

great points and I agree with everything here 100%.

I was totally wrong on the reunion. for the last 5+ years I was convinced it would never happen. I had no hope whatsoever. I'm blown the fuck away. just seeing Slash posting shit as part of GnR. and hearing rumors that they could release new music together. it's unreal.

so fucking excited!!!!:mosh:

Only reason its happening is because first Tommy quit, then BBF, then DJ all in a short time span.  Axl figured why rebuild another GNR just to play the great hits set list when he can make way more money having the core of the band that wrote them.

Its a business decision by Axl to go back with Slash.  If those guys never quit this wouldn't be happening.

I am glad DJ and BBF quit because i thought they both sucked.  I stopped caring about new gnr after Robin quit, he was the last straw after BH and Brain leaving.

Richard and Tommy were still great , but I couldn't stand BBF and DJ and Frank just sucks on the drums

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I guess they should "act like they have been there before", but they haven't. THIS will be their biggest stage. You don't see Duff and Slash going crazy, yet. Whatever. I am not trying to be a hater. Maybe we will get an update soon and a real statement, not a pic Coachella made.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

That repository of recorded music is my concern now. What does Axl do with music recorded by a band that no longer exists and was never lucrative?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

How was Axl rehearsing if Frank was in the UK? If that is true Frank may have been a last second modification. Maybe the line up isn't 100% yet.

Board footer