You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: ASHES dIVIDE (New Billy Howerdel and Josh Freese Project)

Neemo wrote:

A Perfect New Release From Billy Howerdel 
PR reports: ASHES dIVIDE is the brainchild of guitarist and producer Billy Howerdel. Music fans know him as the founding member and producer of A Perfect Circle who featured Tool's Maynard James Keenan on vocals as well as members of Smashing Pumpkins, Queens of the Stone Age and Marilyn Manson. Rather than simply rest on the multi- platinum success of that project, Howerdel decided it was time to start fresh, under the pseudonym ASHES dIVIDE, with a new collection of songs and collaborators. Island Records' chief, Antonio "L.A." Reid announced in early January 2008 that they had signed ASHES dIVIDE to their storied roster. The album, Keep Telling Myself It's All Right, will be released in March. In the meantime, Howerdel is putting a touring band together for a worldwide tour.

The proficient musician played nearly every instrument on the upcoming album. The drums were masterly handled by his A Perfect Circle bandmate Josh Freese. Maynard James Keenan's 11 year old son, Devo, added some gorgeous cello. With Howerdel providing such a rich and layered production style to the sessions, legendary engineer, Alan Moulder (My Bloody Valentine, NIN) was enlisted to mix the results.

Fans of APC and bands like The Cure and Smashing Pumpkins will fall for the album's alluring blend of rock bombast and dark atmospherics. The internet has been buzzing about the debut single "The Stone," and rock and alternative radio has already added the song to their rotations. -

http://www.myspace.com/ashesdivide

www.antimusic.com

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I listened tot he songs on their myspace and they are good. Although since I don't know much APC it sounds ore or less the same to me as that.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

A PERFECT CIRCLE Guitarist Discusses ASHES DIVIDE Project; Video Available - Jan. 17, 2008 

Matt Pinfield recently sat down with A PERFECT CIRCLE guitarist Billy Howerdel to discuss Billy's new ASHES DIVIDE project. Watch the interview at this location.

The first single from ASHES DIVIDE, called "The Stone", has hit the airwaves. The song is taken from the debut ASHES DIVIDE album, "Keep Telling Myself It's All Right", due out in March. Howerdel has been out of the public spotlight since A PERFECT CIRCLE last toured, but told The Pulse of Radio he's ready to get his new band off the ground. "Yeah, I'm ready to launch this thing, and I'm looking forward to it, and in a way it feels like so long ago that I was on the road, 'cause it was, it was 2004, so I'm excited to get back out there and start doing it again," he said.

Howerdel sings and plays guitar, bass and keyboard on the album, which also features A PERFECT CIRCLE's Josh Freese on drums and A PERFECT CIRCLE and TOOL frontman Maynard James Keenan's 11-year-old son Devo on cello.

In addition to working on ASHES DIVIDE, Howerdel also contributed his programming skills to some recording sessions for "Chinese Democracy", the long-delayed and still unreleased new album from GUNS N' ROSES.

ASHES DIVIDE has yet to announce tour plans or a live lineup.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=88645

Communist China

When exactly was Howerdel's involvement with GN'R?

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

same period as freese...like 98-99ish

he wrote the first APC album while workign for Axl....some people have said that soem of the songs were written for GnR but Axl passed...dunno how true that part is though

Communist China

While no leak of the album has come, a week from its release, this song 'Enemies' has ben put up. Pretty cool, although not exactly convincing me that I'll buy it. In an interview recently Billy said the album is only 44 minutes long... so not much room for bad or mediocre songs.

http://ashesdivide.fuzz.com/song/Enemies-43214

Communist China

The album finally leaked. Don't know if any of you are interested, but it's out there. What I've read about it, most fans seem to think it's mostly the same as APC.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

yeah its out tuesday...i'm pretty interested in hearing it the first single sounds alot like the Mer De Noms stuff 9

Communist China

Well, after having the album for about a week I like it. It's not amazing or earthshattering, but certainly worth the money it cost. I'm going to try to catch their show June 1st in Rochestor. I'm very impressed with Billy's singing voice, I wonder how he'll sound live or work as a frontman.

The Danny Lohner remix of Denial Waits is crazy awesome.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

i cant find it hmm

it appears if i wanna get it i have to order it online...i've heard it though and i like it...if you like APC you like this 22

Board footer