You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Looks like rehearsals have started!

AtariLegend wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Here is the interview. TOOL

Yes, he's worked with Tool before and worked with other artists.

While I have issues with what he said about Gun's releases, I don't see anything wrong with how he comes across in that interview and the very, few that he's actually done.

The guy has been involved since the late 90's never quit/was fired. Is constantly at Axl's house and obviously works closest with Axl directly. Yet people are assuming he's going to be fired, because Slash rejoined the band?

johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

For songs for an album and also the concert. I hope Slash is the band director like he was during Guns.

It might be Richard.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

'96 all over again.

Fortus is the new Huge.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Main thing about that Pitman video is he seems like a creep. Arm around the girl interviewing him, etc.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Pitman's comments about releasing an album...I hope Axl doesn't feel the same way.

His view is myopic. True, you don't make a lot of money on albums anymore, but do you see artists starving? Touring is where the money is at now, and it can be very good money.

He also forgets the benefits of cutting out the record label. Now anyone can start a band, record music, promote themselves. Now creativity can flow freely and in ways not before imagined. No more greedy execs neutering the music to sell more. No more record labels getting in the way of what a band wants to do. People being able to download the entire Rolling Stones discography is actually good, because it means they get exposed to and inspired by a lot of great music. What would you have to pay for that back in the day? Several thousand dollars? Only the hardest of fans are going to do that. Myself I would have never discovered a gem like "The Lantern" if it weren't for downloading.

It might not be the millionaire lifestyle that the Beatles had, but who said it needs to be? If you can make a living there's nothing to complain about. And if your music is good you can. Even if your music isn't great you can, if you apply yourself.

tejastech08 wrote:

Main thing about that Pitman video is he seems like a creep. Arm around the girl interviewing him, etc.

I was wondering if they have some sort of relationship. If they don't that's definitely creepy.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

I love me some Chris Pitman. Back in 01/02, I was lucky to hear Silkworms live and can attest that the song is an electronic buzz saw, absolutely amazing. I would love to hear how far Guns' ventured into this realm of sound. Lyrically, not so great, but it was an instrumental joy.  This Slash/Duff rejoiner certainly punctuates the end of that experimentation., but it does bode well for a reunion of Axl and the Chinese material at some point during these upcoming shows; 4tus killing the Madagascar solo, Slash ripping 'The Blues' solo at a level not heard since Robin was in the band. I really believe we will hear the best of both groups music since the '97 break up.

Reading through these posts, I do not understand the hatred; Sorum was super creepy with his mother/daughter comments but I don't hold it against him as he has traveled a different road than most; although I'd wager many men traveled that particular road with those two ladies before Sorum.  Pitman is not even approaching that level. He is a uber creative guy who has the ear of Uncle Axl. That says something.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
killingvector wrote:

I love me some Chris Pitman. Back in 01/02, I was lucky to hear Silkworms live and can attest that the song is an electronic buzz saw, absolutely amazing. I would love to hear how far Guns' ventured into this realm of sound. Lyrically, not so great, but it was an instrumental joy.  This Slash/Duff rejoiner certainly punctuates the end of that experimentation., but it does bode well for a reunion of Axl and the Chinese material at some point during these upcoming shows; 4tus killing the Madagascar solo, Slash ripping 'The Blues' solo at a level not heard since Robin was in the band. I really believe we will hear the best of both groups music since the '97 break up.

Reading through these posts, I do not understand the hatred; Sorum was super creepy with his mother/daughter comments but I don't hold it against him as he has traveled a different road than most; although I'd wager many men traveled that particular road with those two ladies before Sorum.  Pitman is not even approaching that level. He is a uber creative guy who has the ear of Uncle Axl. That says something.

It would be cool to hear slash would tackle the TWAT solo BH did if they ever played TWAT live. 

If someone has leaks of the CD era stuff they should just put it out to the public now since we are getting a reunion now and may never hear that stuff.

The only reason people dont think Pitman did shit was because Axl never played that many CD songs which Pitman was all over. If they would have done the three album thing like was planned and started playing mostly CD I II III stuff instead of GHS set, Pitman would have shined.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

He is a tool and also worked with tool.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Duff's wife: "Never say never" about Izzy.

AtariLegend wrote:

CYOXMtnWkAAYu3G.png

In other words Izzy will only play a few shows if at all, like on every other tour.

Board footer