You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Re: Izzy reportedly in GN'R and wrote new music

Rex wrote:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/ge … o_takeover

Former Guns N' Roses manager Alan Niven said that guitarist Izzy Stradlin will be taking part in the reunion after all, but will only make it official once the dust settles a bit.

Alan told Holmberg's Morning Sickness: "Izzy will sit on the sidelines until he feels like he wants to get his toes in the water.

"He doesn't like all the drama. He's written with them, recently."

Additionally, former Poison manager Howie Hubberman backed up the latest report about drummer Steven Adler being in negotiations to rejoin the band.

As reported, host Eddie Trunk said that several sources have told him that the guys are working on a deal to include Steven as a part of the story as well. You can read about it here.

Anyhow, Hubberman now noted that the guys are indeed working on an Adler deal.

He said on Facebook: "Negotiations are not finished. They are doing this the right way! Right way would include Steven (in some way)."

Thus far, the following musicians have been confirmed or linked to the new GN'R lineup:

Officially confirmed via press release from the band: Axl Rose on vocals, Slash on lead guitar, Duff McKagan on bass.

Strongly linked and confirmed via social networks through personal posts or posts by individuals close to the band: Richard Fortus on guitar, Frank Ferrer on drums, Dizzy Reed on keyboards, multi-instrumentalist Chris Pitman.

Rumored with mild hints: Dave Kushner of Velvet Revolver on guitar, Steven Adler on drums, and now Izzy Stradlin on guitar.

Things that make you go "hmmm..."

It would be Izzy's style to just kinda hang around until he decides it's right. As for them talking about Steven being involved, damn. I hope it's not just for Coachella.

AndyShores
 Rep: 11 

AndyShores wrote:

I really hope that's true about Izzy.   The thought of them making new music with Izzy is amazing.  As for Adler, maybe they make some deal with him to do AFD songs at some shows.. I'd really hope they find someone better to make new music with.  The guy is a total fuck up who is stroked out on top of it.. surely they all know better.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The Car Wash Prophecy is coming to fruition!  I knew they wouldn't let me down!!! I pray they play at Coachella to reward me for my fandom and flying across the country to see them.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Are you referring to the prophecy of the one who will bring balance to GN'R? You think it is this..Izzy? wink

Izzy writing with the band means new material is in the pipeline. If true it is fantastic news. Now it all falls on Axl to bring this.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Are you referring to the prophecy of the one who will bring balance to GN'R? You think it is this..Izzy? wink

Izzy writing with the band means new material is in the pipeline. If true it is fantastic news. Now it all falls on Axl to bring this.

Haha, the prophecy the AFD 5 will perform together! It must happen at Coachella!

AtariLegend wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Are you referring to the prophecy

It wasn't a prophecy. Smoking told us the singer of Adler's band Jacob Bunton said the original 5 were reuniting for a tour.

A prophecy would be a "prediction", the car wash that Smoking brings up every now and again was something he said would actually be happening tongue.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Are you referring to the prophecy

It wasn't a prophecy. Smoking told us the singer of Adler's band Jacob Bunton said the original 5 were reuniting for a tour.

A prophecy would be a "prediction", the car wash that Smoking brings up every now and again was something he said would actually be happening tongue.

Yes but the word "prophecy" has a nice ring to it!  I think Jacob clearly knew a lot more than you guys gave him credit for. All is quiet on the Adler front.

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:

All is quiet on the Adler front

Meaning he is busy reuniting with the others! You guys should get a smiley for him if you don't have one already. 16

This is getting really exciting. Now I wish I had seriously looked into how to attend Coachella...

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Yes you should have. I don't have one gunner to hang with out there.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Really hope this is true 9

Board footer