You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: TOMMY STINSON: Classic GN'R Reunion 'Will BeHealing Thing' For Them"

tejastech08 wrote:

No, where Merck was full of shit is that an album release does have advance notice. CD is no exception to that rule. Merck strung along everyone in 2006 that it might just show up out of nowhere with zero announcement, which was bullshit.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Actually Merck was right on the money about the album's roll out.....he was just 2 years off. It was thrown out there with little thought put into it or fanfare and let the chips fall where they may......which he pretty much told us would happen and was scolded for it.

That's a great point, actually. Merck described it to a tee; if they get the deal, the album may get a bum's rush because of the nonexistent band / record company relationship. Axl would have to do his own promo.

Merck wrote:

You just might walk into your record shop one Tuesday and find it there. -RS

Axl wrote:

The band and I, along with our record company, feel that this record deserves the proper setup and promotion, not the “13 Tuesdays left” and “It may just appear in your record store” approach offered by management. We believe this strategy may have been used as a tool by management to sell this latest tour to the various promoters, and if this was the case, this was obviously unfair to them. - The March 6th letter

Merck wrote:

The record company refused to conclude the renegotiation until we were ready to hand over the finished album and refused to prepare a marketing campaign or commission video treatments until they had it in their hands. This is still their position as of this week. - Merck's letter

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

You think he recently looks like an updated version of the UYI Tour?

It's crossed my mind:

261jnmd.jpg

qxj9yo.jpg

2wmezok.png

nx6vo.jpg

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

The first image brings back memories. Had it as a poster way back when posters were mainly things on the wall.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

My first GN'R memory:

34a4d8b6763641316488fdc1bbba89ea.jpg?itok=ScFaE9jU

Managed to sell the bad boy image to this 8 year old pretty well.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I don't think Axl was "forced" into a reunion because his band left him. He can probably get anyone he wants to play in his band for at least a few years before they get sick of it. I really think he's just doing it for the cash. They finally threw enough money in his face for him to say fuck it, and put up with Slash for a year or two.

I really hope I'm wrong, but the way things seem to be playing out don't give me any hope.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Rex wrote:

I don't think Axl was "forced" into a reunion because his band left him. He can probably get anyone he wants to play in his band for at least a few years before they get sick of it. I really think he's just doing it for the cash. They finally threw enough money in his face for him to say fuck it, and put up with Slash for a year or two.

I really hope I'm wrong, but the way things seem to be playing out don't give me any hope.

I seriously doubt that it's just a cash grab for him. None of them need the money, not even Adler.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Rex wrote:

I seriously doubt that it's just a cash grab for him. None of them need the money, not even Adler.

I hope you're right, but when you're charging 2k for bullshit vip packages and letting all your tickets go to shitty scalpers, it doesn't really show a high level of giving a shit.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

They'll make plenty of money of course, but I think they probably get along fine now. Worst thing about reunions is the impossible standard to match from decades ago. GN'R will probably struggle with it just like other bands.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

They should just draw lots on these "meet the band" thingies. What's a few extra thousand dollars on a tour like this? Petty greed is what it comes off as.

Board footer