You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: MÖTLEY CRÜE gets directer for The Dirt

tejastech08 wrote:

It would have to start earlier than Hell Tour. You gotta show Axl and Izzy getting into trouble in Indiana, Slash and Adler getting in trouble in L.A., and Duff dicking around in Seattle. Then go from there to show all the chaos on the Sunset Strip with constant lineup changes of the various bands these guys were involved with.

Of course you gotta have well executed scenes with Tom Zutaut's side of the story (finding them at the Troubadour, being told by the Geffen executives that they were pulling the plug on the album, begging David Geffen to get Jungle played on MTV, etc.). To me those are important aspects of GN'R. This band could have been a fucking cult band long forgotten, kinda like the band that influenced them: Hanoi Rocks. Instead they ended up one of the most iconic bands ever with songs that you can't get away from if you ever watch sports on TV or go to the games.

It would be cool to see them on tour with Aerosmith when Sweet Child blew up and Aerosmith suddenly starts realizing that the opening act is bigger than the headliner. You could even throw in the stuff about how Izzy was a heroin dealer for the Aerosmith guys back in the day.

There's certain stuff that has to be shown, like Axl's decision to fuck Adler's girlfriend for Rocket Queen. The controversial album art and so forth. You gotta show the tragedy at Monsters of Rock and the subsequent label of Most Dangerous Band, while showing the band's side of that deal where they begged the audience to chill out and of course once they found out after the show they were completely devastated. You gotta show the insanity of Axl's antics during UYI Tour, including the St. Louis riot in summer 1991.

I would end it with Izzy quitting after the UYI release in late 1991 and then fade to credits that explain how everything pretty much fell apart after he left, etc.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I'd almost wanna do 93 tour as well in some capacity and end with the infamous photo of Axl and slash in rhe dressing room staring daggers at each other then outro with cd/vr/conspirators/reunion

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I'd almost wanna do 93 tour as well in some capacity and end with the infamous photo of Axl and slash in rhe dressing room staring daggers at each other then outro with cd/vr/conspirators/reunion

Yeah you could go to 1992 with the Metallica riot and then show the infamous scene with Axl and Slash looking like they want to kill each other in 1993 backstage. Of course the whole runtime will have to show the tensions in the band that existed from the very start.

I dunno, I could see a scene after a big blowup between Axl and Izzy where Izzy quits, followed by a scene between Izzy, Slash, and Duff similar to Godfather Part 2 between Hagen and Pentangeli where they talk about the old days and how it's just not the same as it was. Slash and Duff basically agree with Izzy's feelings in this scene but aren't able to quit at the time.

Then you just fade to end credit text about how GN'R was never the same after Izzy left and eventually Slash/Axl became sworn enemies for 20 years, etc.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

tejastech08 wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I'd rather see a movie about GN'R. Their story is more interesting than Crue's and of course GN'R is by far the best band that came out of the 1980's Sunset Strip. Been watching Boardwalk Empire a lot lately and I think Michael Pitt would be a good choice to play Axl.

He technically was Kurt Cobain in Gus Van Sant's movie, "Last Days". I could see him do Axl or Duff in some way.

Damn. I haven't seen that Last Days film, but the fact he already played Cobain kinda fucks up my casting (haha). I just figured based on Boardwalk Empire that he had the right look in his eyes to play Axl. Probably best to find a total unknown with the right acting chops.

Well the movie itself isn't very well know. The only reason I know about it was it showed on a rock bio pics list online and the movie is a huge dramatization and what if scenario of how Cobain supposedly spent his final days before his death after he exited the rehab facility in April '94. Also running into Duff (who was also going into rehab at the time. That detail doesn't show up in the movie.) as well. They gave Kurt a different name in the movie and couldn't use any Nirvana songs in it due to Love being a bitch. Also it was on the IFC channel one time and I watched some of it. The movie kind of sucks. So I mean Pitt could easily transition into someone like Axl or another GNR member without anyone knowing. He ain't a bad actor.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I'm sure we'll get another "The Dirt" article in a few weeks about how the movie is going forward and blah blah blah. How long has this movie been in development hell? You would think they would try to get some of the momentum from "Straight Outta Compton."

Board footer