You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Robin back in NIN. Temp or not is the question?

DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

I am not going down the reunion trail.  People have been saying reunion for years and it's never happened yet.    If Robin left for good, I still don't see a reunion regardless of the state of VR.  Axl seems so stubborn when it comes to that, I mean he didn't even show up to the 20th anniversary show.   I don't think that Robin leaving will all of sudden turn Axl towards wanting to reunite with his old band members.

exactly 22

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

We haven't gotten a statement from either Robin or GN'R yet - and people are already discussing a possible reunion or another hold-up for Chinese Democracy.

While it is highly coincidently this NIN news came out just days after VR & Scott part ways, it would be a disaster for Axl & CD to actually get back with the original lineup. And like DTJ & Jim Bob have said, I just can't see it happening, nor do I want to. Chinese Democracy is a new album by Axl's new GnR lineup. Consisting of member like Robin, Tommy, Fortus, probably BH, and a few different drummers. It has a more modern, slightly industrial edge on songs like Better & CD. Also, I think it would be ridiculous for the album to come out and then have Slash, Duff, Sorum etc play the songs live. I don't even think they would agree to do so, basically become touring musicians to play other peoples songs. And to re-record CD with the old band, uggghhh, please no more recording. Just release this album & let the chips fall where they may.

As for a hold-up for CD, well, it basically is. CD is not coming out anytime soon, you can basically write off now thru the end of the summer (again). So already it wouldn't look like it's coming out until around September at the earliest, because they'd likely go on tour to support it's release right away. Robin might only be doing a summer tour with NIN, myb not a world tour.

I'd love to see a reunion, I'd pay several hundred $$ for some good seats if I have the chance. But right now, as a fan, no. I've waiting MANY years for this album and I want it. The right way. In a perfect world, CD would have come out in 06, a world tour, a follow up album (similar to Lies) releasing the other great tracks recorded put out in 07 or 08. An 08 Tour, and then, VR without a singer, Axl finished his Chinese Democracy-era, a reunion. Only it didn't happen that way.

Nik
 Rep: 6 

Nik wrote:

I'll avoid to comment or speculate till we'll have some sort of statement from Robin himself and Axl / GNR camp

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Nik wrote:

I'll avoid to comment or speculate till we'll have some sort of statement from Robin himself and Axl / GNR camp

Welcome to the board.  I have to ask, why would you join if not to speculate?  5  That's all we can do considering the lack of real information coming from anywhere on this or any other subject.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I'm not sure why this news has everyone assuming that its another delay for CD. GNR has said there would be no tour until CD comes out. Therefore Robin wont be touring with GNR until CD comes out. It could come out late summer/early fall and then Robin rejoin for a tour.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

As I've said before, I believe that people a freaking out since Nine Inch Nails is such a major act.

We haven't gotten a statement from either Robin or GN'R yet - and people are already discussing a possible reunion or another hold-up for Chinese Democracy.

I mean... Relax!

i think that is why some of us are freaking out. this new management team knows what they are doing and know how and when to commnicate to the band's fanbase. the fact that they haven't updated us, certainly knowing that they have our attention, leads me to believe that something, other than a routine tour with nin by robin, is definitely going on behind the scenes. the notion of a reunion, bucket coming back, or slash coming back are all pheasable scenarios to consider and discuss, some more so than others. in any event, i feel that something has changed within the band's regular lineup and they are still trying to figure it out and/or when to tell us.

war wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

As I've said before, I believe that people a freaking out since Nine Inch Nails is such a major act.

I mean... Relax!

i think that is why some of us are freaking out. this new management team knows what they are doing and know how and when to commnicate to the band's fanbase. the fact that they haven't updated us, certainly knowing that they have our attention, leads me to believe that something, other than a routine tour with nin by robin, is definitely going on behind the scenes. the notion of a reunion, bucket coming back, or slash coming back are all pheasable scenarios to consider and discuss, some more so than others. in any event, i feel that something has changed within the band's regular lineup and they are still trying to figure it out and/or when to tell us.

I could never see Slash coming back with the current GNR line up.

Slash won't come back. Period.

But do I believe that something major is coming up? Yeah, I really do.

Does it involve Robin leaving? I doubt it.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
war wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

I mean... Relax!

I could never see Slash coming back with the current GNR line up.

i could, if they got rid of atleast one of the current guitar players

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
war wrote:

i could, if they got rid of atleast one of the current guitar players

Axl would join Velver Revolver before Slash plays guitar in this GnR lineup. Seriously, it's either a full fledged reunion (unlikely) or not. None of this 'Slash is joining'.

Board footer