You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Matchbox Twenty Discussion

buzzsaw wrote:

I listened to it on Sirius when they played the album start to finish.  There were a couple songs I liked, but most of it sounded like a Rob Thomas solo album more than MB20. 

I have a love/hate relationship with them.  I really liked Yourself or Someone Like You and More Than You Think You Are.  I also liked most of the new songs on the Greatest Hits album, but not at all a fan of Mad Season.  I fear this is going to be Mad Season II for me...well, fear may be exaggerating a bit, but I didn't like it on first listen.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Bumping a wayyyy old thread, but listening to these guys right now.  When I'm bummed & upset I tend to put on mellow shit*. Sorta miss these guys, did they put out new stuff now & then, or just tour off 15 year old hits. Had some pretty deep cuts off some of their albums, not just a 1 hit wonder. Always liked a song Back 2 Good off their first album

* Its funny, I remember one time years ago I was sitting out back just bummed over some girl, and a neighbor said 'Go inside & blast some Limp Bizkit or Metallica', or something, and that just isn't me when I'm upset. I'm more of a Counting Crows mellow stuff when I'm down, not hate/anger riffs.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Fuck, sorry, didn't know this thread was somehow in the wrong section??  Can someone move it?!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

That first album is a classic. I too saw them in a small club they booked and the place was slammed. Maybe 1,000 folks slammed in there. Was really great.  Great songs. Izzy would fit in well with these cats.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Izzy would fit in well with these cats.

Funny you say that, in listening to them I sense a bit of a Rolling Stones vibe to them. They were probably an influence on the singer &/or guitarist. Surprised they didn't linger around a bit more but on the other hand I don't think any bands of the latter 90s era did.  Didn't you see the 3rd Eye Blind show a while back? Those guys sorta fell off about 12-15 years ago.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

They are still active, they just take breaks for a couple years to pursue solo projects.  It sounds like they will have a new album in 2017.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Izzy would fit in well with these cats.

Funny you say that, in listening to them I sense a bit of a Rolling Stones vibe to them. They were probably an influence on the singer &/or guitarist. Surprised they didn't linger around a bit more but on the other hand I don't think any bands of the latter 90s era did.  Didn't you see the 3rd Eye Blind show a while back? Those guys sorta fell off about 12-15 years ago.

Yes I did! And 3rd Eye Blind was fantastic!!! Much better than in the 90's!  The show was sold out. Matchbox kicks ass... Both of those bands were very popular where I live.

Board footer