You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

Re: METALLICA Discussion

RaZor wrote:

Great show, here's the full set list: Creeping Death, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Fuel, King Nothing, Ride Lightning, The Unforgiven, The Memory Remains, Welcome Home (Sanitarium), Sad But True, Wherever I May Roam, One, Master of Puppets, Battery, Fade to Black, Seek & Destroy, Whiskey in the Jar, Nothing Else Matters, Enter Sandman

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Metallica deserves to be the fucking half time show.    The average football fan is probably a male in the 30-50 year range and almost everyone in that age range probably at least likes a Metallica song.   

You can't really get bigger than them out of all the rock bands that are still together and around playing.

I hate pop culture.

Hope that concert is still posted because that is a killer setlist.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

RaZor wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:
RaZor wrote:

Metallica live streaming Super Bowl-eve concert

Saturday @ 8:30 PST

http://webcast.livemetallica.com/

That's pretty cool of them to do that. I may check it out. Even though Lars seriously needs a new drum kit or a better drum tech.

I actually like Lars's minimalistic kit /style. (And this coming from a guy that's hated him since his crusade against Napster)  Besides, last time he messed with his kit, we got the annoying snare drum from St Anger, so no thank you.

Yeah I understand what you mean. Especially with St. Anger. So the show is now available to stream and mp3 download once you sign up for their website and mailing list.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

That's really great Metallica did this, and the set list was pretty standard, and being super critical, that wasn't the tightest performance I've seen from the band.

Kirk's solos are pretty sloppy, and he seems to get worse each tour. I don't know if it's lack if practice or old age.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:
RaZor wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

That's pretty cool of them to do that. I may check it out. Even though Lars seriously needs a new drum kit or a better drum tech.

I actually like Lars's minimalistic kit /style. (And this coming from a guy that's hated him since his crusade against Napster)  Besides, last time he messed with his kit, we got the annoying snare drum from St Anger, so no thank you.

Yeah I understand what you mean. Especially with St. Anger. So the show is now available to stream and mp3 download once you sign up for their website and mailing list.

Where do you see it's available for an MP3 downloaded?  I just signed up on the Metallica website and can't find it.  I just see the live stream, and a link to pre order the CD.

Edit - nevermind, I found it, but they're charging $10 for the MP3 download.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

That's really great Metallica did this, and the set list was pretty standard, and being super critical, that wasn't the tightest performance I've seen from the band.

Kirk's solos are pretty sloppy, and he seems to get worse each tour. I don't know if it's lack if practice or old age.

Sounded great to me bro... But I'm not a guitarist, and don't have the best ear for this stuff.

Also, what's a standard Metallica set list?  I thought the do a dam good job of switching things up.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Ugh,  I hear that man.

I don't know how you would get excited to play a lot of the same songs year after year, but c'mon Kirk!

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

RaZor wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:
RaZor wrote:

Where do you see it's available for an MP3 downloaded?  I just signed up on the Metallica website and can't find it.  I just see the live stream, and a link to pre order the CD.

Edit - nevermind, I found it, but they're charging $10 for the MP3 download.

Wow...that sucks. Didn't know that detail. I apologize for missing that.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
RaZor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Sounded great to me bro... But I'm not a guitarist, and don't have the best ear for this stuff.

Also, what's a standard Metallica set list?  I thought the do a dam good job of switching things up.

I don't think you need to be a guitarist to hear that Kirk's timing was off and he hit dud notes too.

As for their set list, it has mostly hits and their more popular songs, when they've been known to dig deep into seldom played album cuts. I guess this wasn't really the type of gig for obscure stuff to be played though.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I agree it would've been great if they played halftime, what we got sucked.  One thing I will say, I think Metallica sorta plays with no one. And if NFL suggested having Beyonce & Bruno Mars hop on stage with them, and maybe join in on Enter Sandman, I would've  paid to see the cold hard stare on James Hetfields face.

Board footer