You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: Robin back in NIN. Temp or not is the question?

I'm a member of some NIN forums, mainly Echoing the Sound, and the reaction to Robin's return to me seems like how we would react if Izzy re-joined the band and Fortus was fired. Most people are extremely happy and glad that someone who plays extremely well instead of just running around like an idiot (Aaron North or Fortus). Also they like it because it's a return of 'Classic NIN' from their heyday of Downward Spiral and The Fragile.

Anyone who listens to a lot of NIN can tell the amount of talent it would take to make it come alive in person. A lot fo times you have to invent the part because the songs are so c omputer-based. Robin and every other live NIN member deserve a lot of credit for turning a pop-industrial-alt rock thing into a heavy hard-rock live show.

Again, good luck to Robin and hopefully GN'R will be mediocre enough to update us. People that say he won't be missed - I'm assuming you don't like Better, or his solo in The Blues, IRS, and TWAT, or the opening riff to Chinese Democracy.

Like his live performance or not, he's left, I believe, the largest mark on the recorded material. And if you don't like the leaks, you might as well get out.

Sky Dog wrote:

I have seen a lot of guitar players in my time. Fortus is a solid player....actually more skills than Robin when you see him in a live setting. However, he definitely doesn't have Robin's stage presence, not even close. Robin is a cool cat. I hope he isn't gone, but I think he is.:smile:

Sky Dog wrote:

and for the record, I would take Izzy and Robin over Richard any day of the week....I just see little reason to continuously bash certain bandmembers who have nothing to do with the topic.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

as if nobody said nothin on the matter today 17

but pretty important band to the media huh? only a handful of places even reported this story today hmm

this shows us that the media doesnt care about anyone in this band but Axl....the lead fucking guitar player for guns n roses just joined another band...a huge band for a world tour .... and barely anyone wrote a story about it 18 the buzz is dead

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

^ Well it was on Rolling Stone and NME... The fact that it hasn't been announced anywhere is because everyone's avoiding media contact right now.  Nothing official has come out from GNR, Finck, or NIN (major, at least) about it yet.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
Neemo wrote:

this shows us that the media doesnt care about anyone in this band but Axl....the lead fucking guitar player for guns n roses just joined another band...a huge band for a world tour .... and barely anyone wrote a story about it 18 the buzz is dead

Look at it the other way around.

NIN has enjoyed huge media visibility in the recent times, has released three studio albums in the past four years, toured the world all around, etc.

Nobody gives a damn who's the lead guitarist of NIN Live. lol

But seriously, Trent has posted a photo on the website and updated their YouTube profile to mention Robin. That's all he's done so far. As Backslash just said right there, not much meat in the story at the moment.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

look at you 2....the voices of reason 22

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

russtcb wrote:

In my quest to overanalyze this, I was just wondering if the picture on the GNR main page should tell us anything?

Only Axl, Tommy and Richard are pictured. I wonder if Robin may have been left out for a reason?

(YES. I know Ron, Dizzy, etc etc etc are all not there too. Just an observation and probably wrong)

nah man, thats reading too much into it.

My guess is there is a lot going on behind the scenes that we don't know and thats why nothing has been said yet.  who knows tho..

Board footer