You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

Re: Robin back in NIN. Temp or not is the question?

sic. wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Most people are extremely happy and glad that someone who plays extremely well instead of just running around like an idiot (Aaron North or Fortus). Also they like it because it's a return of 'Classic NIN' from their heyday of Downward Spiral and The Fragile.

Robin's closing solo is pretty self-explanatory; it's no wonder a lot of NIN fans will always consider him as the definitive lead guitarist. I do find it a bit saddening that so many GNR fans failed to recognize the meaning of such a status over the years. During Robin's original tenure in the band, he was always surrounded by talented musicians on their own right. By the time the Fragility tour was announced, there was a long queue of people out for his job.

The NIN fans are far from through with Robin and he's not completely over them, either. I hate to say it, but all things considered, in his position I'd think very hard if Trent would now offer a chance to become a regular studio contributor and tour for a long time. You rather be loved for what you are or dissed for what you're not?

sic. wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Most people are extremely happy and glad that someone who plays extremely well instead of just running around like an idiot (Aaron North or Fortus). Also they like it because it's a return of 'Classic NIN' from their heyday of Downward Spiral and The Fragile.

Robin's closing solo is pretty self-explanatory; it's no wonder a lot of NIN fans will always consider him as the definitive lead guitarist. I do find it a bit saddening that so many GNR fans failed to recognize the meaning of such a status over the years. During Robin's original tenure in the band, he was always surrounded by talented musicians on their own right. By the time the Fragility tour was announced, there was a long queue of people out for his job.

The NIN fans are far from through with Robin and he's not completely over them, either. I hate to say it, but all things considered, in his position I'd think very hard if Trent would now offer a chance to become a regular studio contributor and tour for a long time. You rather be loved for what you are or dissed for what you're not?

Robin is awesome in NIN, and i'm REALLY hoping they book a show in Vegas.   thanks for posting the vid.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Now the Dr Pepper website is jumping on this news:

http://chinesedemocracywhen.blogspot.co … epper.html

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

You know, the way that blog thing is written, it sounds almost Bucketheadish. "Never before have a soda been so disrespected".

It's beyond stupid.

But I vote for NOT giving Finck his soda. 16

GNR just seemed to loose their #1 guitar player, song writer and lead guitarist and people think it's not a big deal. Would even Axl think about touring an album that doesnt even contain the people who wrote it?

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
DCK wrote:

GNR just seemed to loose their #1 guitar player, song writer and lead guitarist and people think it's not a big deal. Would even Axl think about touring an album that doesnt even contain the people who wrote it?

He did in 2002, 2006 and 2007. tongue

DCK

DCK wrote:

He did in 2002, 2006 and 2007.

The albums were already out tongue

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Back to the topic: it's very strange that the official unofficial fan site still doesn't have this news on the main page. I guess the GN'R camp is trying to find out what's up with Robin... Strange... They reacted for the Dr. Pepper challange in 24 hours, yet they have nothing to say about the internet rumours and fan concerns that their lead guitarist might have left the band.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Back to the topic: it's very strange that the official unofficial fan site still doesn't have this news on the main page. I guess the GN'R camp is trying to find out what's up with Robin... Strange... They reacted for the Dr. Pepper challange in 24 hours, yet they have nothing to say about the internet rumours and fan concerns that their lead guitarist might have left the band.

It is strange, I think they might have been as blind sided by this as we were hmm

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

i also think that they were surprised by this.

DCK

DCK wrote:

i also think that they were surprised by this.

Agreed. It took them a short amount of time to respond to Dr. Pepper but can't seem to respond to Robin Finck potentially leaving the band.

Sort of like the President responding to a question about his sudden hairloss but don't seem mention that we're all being nuked by Russia.

Board footer