You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: GN'R Twitter Updates

apex-twin wrote:
julita wrote:

^^ He looks young too.... and abnormally pink. He looks like he should be in  a wax museum. 18

I think that photo, like many others, is passed around for publicity and thus, has been touched up. I recall seeing a shot of him playing the piano from one of the residencies, and it was obvious some of his chins were removed. As long as he can perform vocally at the optimum of his age, I'm fine with his weight. Having said that, losing a few pounds would help his performance. It's better than trying to sugarcoat the press photos after the fact.

The man's late for everything. Had the reunion happened a decade ago, it would've been something like this wink
kd0gvd.jpg

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I know i'm being a dick about this - but it's another reason I want a reunion story out of them.

The reunion should have happened in 2008 or whenever it was slash came to Axl's house.

That they managed to delay it for a further 8 years is pretty sad.

Better late than never though I guess. But damn I do dream of the parallel world where they reunited circa 2006 and Axl was in rock-god mode.

Hope they still bring something to this though.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Slash going to Axl's house in 2005 and basically admitting defeat on that ongoing war (their words, not mine) was, in my opinion, what fueled Axl to give 110% in 2006.

His confidence was up the roof, he was high on having the confirmation he needed, that he was on the right track (or so it seemed).

Even with leaks, pressure from everywhere and everyone to deliver the album he got out of hide and delivered strong performances, killer voice and then... All went to the same old, same old...

I do hope that Slash can fuel him again now.

To me the situations are similar and I don't know how it happened this time. But Axl's situation is similar. In 2005 he was down. And I do mean DOWN.

Between 2002 and 2005 he had delivered an album that was rejected. Producers said he only had two to three songs. Re-re-re-re-recordings. Band members leaving. Even his pal Tobias left. His big comeback ("Round 1") was a failed performance. His comeback tour was full of riots and controversy. The man was beaten.

Since 2012, at least, he has been phoning it in. Playing rich people weddings. Vegas residencies. Fat Elvis Axl's phase, one might say. Band members leave. Record company doesn't want to play ball to release CD left overs.

I do hope Slash can kick him some adrenaline like he did in 2005.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
otto wrote:

Slash going to Axl's house in 2005 and basically admitting defeat on that ongoing war (their words, not mine) was, in my opinion, what fueled Axl to give 110% in 2006.

That's a great point, actually.

otto wrote:

I do hope that Slash can fuel him again now.

Axl wants his band to be adored. Slash and Duff do help out in that.
I only hope he's reclaimed his creative fire, because it's now in demand.
His best break career-wise since 2006, I would say.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Chris Pitman is back at it.. This time on Facebook..  https://www.facebook.com/chrispitmanofficail

"Chris Pitman this is a nostalgia tour, please dont mention those who are there the last 20 fkg years.,,, oh god no! ....(a money grab) FU"

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Chris Pitman is back at it.. This time on Facebook..  https://www.facebook.com/chrispitmanofficail

"Chris Pitman this is a nostalgia tour, please dont mention those who are there the last 20 fkg years.,,, oh god no! ....(a money grab) FU"

That's pretty bad... I don't have facebook, so just to confirm this is what pitman himself is saying, or is it someone posting on his wall thingy or however FB works these days?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Another Gem in response to a guy starting a GNR board: "Chris Pitman: good luck brother, but dealing with a slew of anonymous assholes with nostalgia on their agenda, is like reading Yahoo comments......worthless"

I don't know if this is his real page or not.  A lot of real photos and David Bowie stuff... Could be bogus...  I don't want to be too harsh because I remember how bad Atari and others jumped me for critiquing Pitman before.  So this "could" be a fake page... sure.  But it could be real too.  Who knows.

AtariLegend wrote:

Screen shots place for those of us without facebook tongue.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Screen shots place for those of us without facebook tongue.

I don't know how to do that but basically Chris posted a pic of him and DJ.... people commented and then it looks like he lost it.  Goes off on MyGNR for getting his birthday wrong, goes off on those wanting nostalgia, then goes off on how he has been in the band 20 years but they can't mention him, etc. 

Again, this could be fake, but just looking casually, as Obama would say, the optics look bad.

AtariLegend wrote:

Well two quick thoughts. Over a month ago a fan asked him whether he had a facebook account.

image.jpeg.1881a1371e9d6093b686b3f4b44b044a.jpeg

So I guess assuming that Pitman preemptively said that so that he could go on a rant on a facebook page later down the line. The next question would be what is it that he was replying to when he this comment? (Made a fake facebook account for myself.)

Smoking Guns wrote:

As for the rest, I don't really see anything wrong with it tongue. It's MYGNR it's all true, in fact it's stuff you yourself go on about on a regular basis Smoking.

Board footer