You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: GN'R Twitter Updates

apex-twin wrote:
faldor wrote:

SG, I think I can simplify it even better. You began having a problem with Chris when this "reunion" news broke out. He doesn't fit the bill for you, and you're not alone.... And unfortunately for him, he keeps making your case stronger when he opens his mouth.

Yeah, it's about Adler and the unfairness of it all, right?

Adler would love to be involved full-time. At this point, that's unlikely.
Meanwhile, Pitman's still in the running and he's the keyboardist #2.
Funny enough, much like Adler, his comments attract controversy.

Imagine that. Slash and Axl on stage after all these years and all we can talk about it is... Pitman.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
faldor wrote:

SG, I think I can simplify it even better. You began having a problem with Chris when this "reunion" news broke out. He doesn't fit the bill for you, and you're not alone.... And unfortunately for him, he keeps making your case stronger when he opens his mouth.

Yeah, it's about Adler and the unfairness of it all, right?

Adler would love to be involved full-time. At this point, that's unlikely.
Meanwhile, Pitman's still in the running and he's the keyboardist #2.
Funny enough, much like Adler, his comments attract controversy.

Imagine that. Slash and Axl on stage after all these years and all we can talk about it is... Pitman.

Do you think out of respect for this semi reunion Chris should refrain being the center of attention with silly tweets or Facebook posts?

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Do you think out of respect for this semi reunion Chris should refrain being the center of attention with silly tweets or Facebook posts?

The management wants him to do so out of respect for ticket sales.
Returning employees from '96 is closer to reality but waxes a bit less nostalgic.

And the world is a shallow place if a few silly posts in the social media take anything away from Axl/Slash, together again.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

The management wants him to do so out of respect for ticket sales.
Returning employees from '96 is closer to reality but waxes a bit less nostalgic.

And the world is a shallow place if a few silly posts in the social media take anything away from Axl/Slash, together again.

Maybe I'm giving him too much credit, but I don't think his goal was/is to be the center of attention. Maybe it's just a case of having to change his ways a little bit. He got told to keep quiet by management a few months back. I'd give him a pass on that one since maybe they didn't make that point clear enough initially. He stayed quiet until this latest outburst. Again, he lashed out. Probably shouldn't have done it, and who knows why he did really. But I don't think it's to make headlines and be the center of attention. Nobody except for us cares or notices anyway. Even if the story is making the rounds on music websites, it'll be forgotten by those with a fleeting interest in a matter of days, if it hasn't already.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Just to add fuel to the fire... I don't see SG's sledging of Pitman any worse than some of you going on about your dislike of Matt Sorum, whenever his name comes up.

But that seems to be ok, while Pitman being sledged for actually doing something warranted to be called out for as such, is not ok...? 10

At least Matt's contributions to playing with the band were useful.
I still don't see what Chris is actually up on stage for, other than things like adding sub-bass in parts that are completely unnecessary. But that's just my opinion, much like SG's is his.

Anyway, regardless of whoever ends up in stage as "Guns N' Roses" come April 8th, I hope they bring their A game, as all eyes will be watching....

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Just to add fuel to the fire... I don't see SG's sledging of Pitman any worse than some of you going on about your dislike of Matt Sorum, whenever his name comes up.

But that seems to be ok, while Pitman being sledged for actually doing something warranted to be called out for as such, is not ok...? 10

At least Matt's contributions to playing with the band were useful.
I still don't see what Chris is actually up on stage for, other than things like adding sub-bass in parts that are completely unnecessary. But that's just my opinion, much like SG's is his.

Anyway, regardless of whoever ends up in stage as "Guns N' Roses" come April 8th, I hope they bring their A game, as all eyes will be watching....

Yeah, I don't really get the hate for Sorum either. I guess he's done some questionable things in his past but whenever I see him interviewed he seems like a good dude. Saw him with Kings of Chaos and he was the ring leader that put that together. Well done at that. People are going to form their own opinions though, and they're fully entitled to obviously.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Sorum is a douche, he can't help it. I understand fans defending him. He needs the ego stroke. Stroke, little monkeys.

Seriously though, the guy has done way more to make himself the center of attention than Pittman ever has. Does Matt even have a writing credit with GNR, VR or the Cult? Luckiest sumbitch in rock.

To be fair, I think Axl is an egotistical dickhead, so I spread my hate around.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Sorum is a douche, he can't help it. I understand fans defending him. He needs the ego stroke. Stroke, little monkeys.

Seriously though, the guy has done way more to make himself the center of attention than Pittman ever has. Does Matt even have a writing credit with GNR, VR or the Cult? Luckiest sumbitch in rock.

Sorum plays an instrument essential to a rock show. If you removed Pitman from a GNR show would anyone notice other than the bubbles effect and maybe some sub bass that drowns out other instruments?

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Outside of Matt bragging about some groupie stuff back in the day (which I strongly doubt any red-blooded male in his position wouldn't have taken advantage of either), I've yet to see any of this douche behaviour, or ego either.

Matt seems as down to earth as they come, is a great solid rock drummer, and yes, he co-wrote songs in Snakepit and VR, including their first big hit - Set Me Free, which I believe he wrote the riff for.

Lucky? Maybe. But the dude definitely has some talent to back it up.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I disagree.

I think Adler was great but was more a case of "right place right time" in that he got into GNR cos he grew up jamming with Slash. Compared to say  someone like Slash that was always going to make it somehow. If not in GNR in some other rock band.

Matt got the GNR gig for his chops and he nailed it. His drumming is great on UYI and TSI. He also nailed the rhythm section with duff live and continued that chemistry with Velvet Revolver.

You don't tend to get writing credits for drumming anyway, and especially not when you join and existing band, but the facts are he nailed the drumming and to my mind has been the most effective GNR drummer to date.

I don't really understand why people around these parts dislike him. Sure he slept with some groupies and got a bit kinky - but who wouldn't after dealing with fame and spending that long touring etc- it's part of the lifestyle.  He also speaks his mind a little - sure he called Axl out for bagging Slash at rehersal, and he called the VR guys out for auditioning people who weren't at their level. He wasn't wrong about either of those points.

I just find it funny how everyone seems to hate Matt, the guy may not be a saint but he's probably one of the least questionable characters in a band like GNR.

Tell me again how Matt shouldn't have fucked some chicks on tour, but it was OK for Slash to shoot up the jetboy guy, Axl to beat his wives and Izzy to deal drugs wink

Board footer