You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

Re: Robin back in NIN. Temp or not is the question?

sic. wrote:

Bucket was leaving in early '01, Tom Zutaut talked him into sticking around.

Bucket was leaving in late '01, Axl took him to Disneyland and talked him over.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

not just contracts, but Axl's own reliability has a lot to do with it...if he was a better team player, then maybe these guys would feel more obliged to weather his personal storms....its pretty clear that they're all having none of it anymore....

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

You know...if I wanted to leave a band but I couldnt because I was under contract...that would just make me leave even more.

BH's a freak but he's a good guitar player.

sic.

sic. wrote:
DCK wrote:

You know...if I wanted to leave a band but I couldnt because I was under contract...that would just make me leave even more.

I believe Bucket left in '04 because his contract was up. He did see through the Dec 31st 03 deadline, which was the last straw for Geffen. Robin did the same thing in '99. Also, you can always quit your contract, just like in any other job, but unless you're absolutely adamant about leaving and are willing to take in the possible financial penalties, it's not a straightforward process.

Contract players are around due to mutual agreement, they're not slave labor. In this situation, any good employer will enter discussions with his subordinate in case he wants to continue the arrangement.

sic. wrote:

BH's a freak but he's a good guitar player.

To each his own.

Other people have indulged in substance abuse. Not really all that admirable, when you start to think about it.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Other people have indulged in substance abuse. Not really all that admirable, when you start to think about it.

I fail to see your point. Do you think I regard them higher? Quite the opposite actually.

sic.

sic. wrote:

Didn't say that.

Just pointing out that members of the previous lineup have made things comparable to the dogpoo episode, et al. Eccentric antics aren't exactly an uncommon thing in this band, or the rock world in general. Therefore I wouldn't label Bucket a 'freak', because of the negative tone of the word. Eccentric? Yes.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
russtcb wrote:
war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Also, I think its safe to say that if Finck is recording an album with NIN, his tenure in GNR is over.

by that reasoning his tenure with NIN is over as well.

If he's recording and touring with NIN, then I'd say his tenure has just begun (again).

that's my point. he leaves gnr for NIN. then leaves NIN for gnr, then repeats the process, etc. it's what he does.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

I don't get all the surprised reaction to this.  I always knew that Robin would eventually leave Axl if Axl failed to release CD.  Only thing that surprises me is that he may have jumped ship before Tommy Stinson.  Robin and Tommy were the next 2 to jump ship but I always thought Stinson would get tired of Axl's lack of wanting to release albums before Robin.  I hope RF hasn't left GNR but I do think he did.  And this will be the final nail in "Nu GNR" coffin.  I think we're unfortunately heading for a reunion.  And that would suck cause I would've loved to see what Axl and those guys were able to create musically.  It's unfortunate for Robin and the rest of the guys if we see a reunion instead of CD.  But I can't blame Robin for leaving if he did.  I'll only wis him all the best.

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Saboteur wrote:

post from user: trentreznor on htgth

Robin will PROBABLY be VERY BUSY for a VERY long time when information surfaces as to his upcoming schedule. Robin does not join bands on a whim

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boar … msg1061943

That guy probably doesn't know more than we do.

It's funny enough that he'd sign up at HTGTH right after this was known and act like an insider.

Board footer