You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: GNR - VEGAS, T-Mobile Arena Show, 4/8

AtariLegend wrote:

From the typical thread at MYGNR claiming Slash was unhappy (like last week) and looked like he didn't want to be there tongue.

12472631_10156861960485397_6330677334599053393_n.jpg?oh=4ce6154d69bb59c8a89f49f90333d0dc&oe=570B007E

https://www.instagram.com/p/BD-h3UVScb-/

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

Quick thoughts.

1. It sounds like they've been rehearsing for a year. They are way more polished and professional sounding than I think anyone expected. I feel like somebody went "Dude... Have you seen Some Kind Of Monster? Metallica fucking hate each other, but they squash it and look at what they do. Van Halen? Bitch please. Suck it the fuck up. The three of you together is a license to print money."

And they finally said fuck it. And guess what? They got on wayyyy better than they thought they would. Without ego, drugs and booze they're an unstoppable freight train.

2. Slash's take on the CD stuff is awesome. I cried during Better. legit. This I Love as well. THAT is Guns N' Fucking Roses. The Better intro? Dunno. I wanna like it, but I've heard it one way for what, like 15 years? It'll grow. You guys that don't like Slash's TIL solo? Y'all muthafuckaz need to lay off the filthy bathtub drugs you're smokin'. Slash is playing the best fiddle of his life, and this band is destroying (in a good way) everything it touches.

3. Haven't seen everything, but KOHD.... The hybrid version makes me uncomfortable. Can't explain why.  Coma and Estranged? They knew the old school hardcores would snap these tickets up at any cost. There ya go, kids... That was for you.

4.Frank? Meh. I have no opinion. But really? Bring back Brain. Fortus is the shit. How the hell do they always pair Slash up with someone who could easily be mistaken for Izzy from 20 rows back? Dude is even getting some lead spots. Impressive.

Melissa? 20 20 20

5. "It's weird and it's pissed off and it calls itself Slash"

I've been listening to that Ritz show basically on a loop for a month leading up to this. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Uncle Axl knows this.

I'm sold. July 19th can't get here quick enough, but unlike '92, my Mom can't make me stay home,and I have you guys, the homies I've been yakkin' about this band with for the better part of a decade . We can finally, FINALLY share every fucking triumph together instead of gripe about how/when/why it all fell apart.

It tastes good... Don't it? axl 21 duff frank fortus

Furbush

Furbush wrote:

Also... The only reason Axl looks fat?

Buddy.. Quit putting on leather jackets that fit you perfectly back in '88 when you were a rail thin 140.
And the hats? Burn them. Every single one.
and if you're gonna rock the bandana, throw on the old backwards ballcap over it for nostalgia's sake. but those fedora/trilby/Neckbeard/Darkwing Duck numbers gotta go. Jeans and a tshirt, guy. We know... Too old for the bicycle shorts, but I dug your style back in '06. Go with that shit if you really are that opposed to dressing like a peasant on stage.

That's it, dude. Voice sounds great. Rock the fuck on.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Who wants to go with me tonight?? I have an extra ticket.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

I really like Slash's TIL solo. CD sounds more like Nirvana meets AC/DC. Better was cool, the new intro seems to be Slash making it his own, and I kind of think if that Best Of happens, it will have rerecorded versions of these songs.

I really hope so too! I'm especially interested in combining the vocals from the 5 sec leak of a different version of TIL with Slash. You know that leak where Axl seems to be singing it in a high raspy voice over like a music box sounding synth. Take that vocal and then put in this shreddy slash solo and we'll have a monster of a song!

Furbush

Furbush wrote:
Rex wrote:

Holy santa claus shit that TIL solo is miles better than Robin's. The beginning was a little shaky, but Slash fuckin ripped that shit right open, fucked it, and claimed it as his own.

This. Every word.

I'm not hatin' on Robin. I LOVE his Better solo and his TIL solo. Slash's Better solo isn't better, it just gives it way more of a classic Guns vibe. He kinda just whipped that whole song into real GN'R shape.

But This I Love? That's what I have been hoping to hear since Axl casually mentioned the song title in some little mini mag interview that was stapled to an issue of like.. Hit Parader or RIP back in '93-4. Chills, goosebumps and teary eyed. Every time I hear it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I really loved "Wish You Were Here." Richard and Slash fit perfectly.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

You see my video of it I posted a couple pages back?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'll check it out.

Hey, are you still planning to do Nashville?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'll check it out.

Hey, are you still planning to do Nashville?

Maybe. I am going to Atlanta. On the floor.

Board footer