You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Re: Axl Rose joins AC/DC

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:

First

Holy fuck!

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:

First

Holy fuck!

Who would have thought, 5 or 10 years ago.. that in the year 2016, Axl Rose would be a fronting a version of GnR that includes Slash, and AC/DC?!?

Now we know why the US tour is in June.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I wonder if AC/DC fans have softened their stance at all seeing that Axl has come out in fine form this time around. I'm guessing NO! I can't believe the rumors turned out to be true. Good for him though. Will be interesting for sure. Just don't break any more bones or blow out your voice axl

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I dunno how I feel about this. It is awesome to see Axl in AC-DC but I'm just worried about the voice and how it will hold up for the US stadium run.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Good for them. I really don't have much of an opinion about it.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

I think this is fantastic news.  I can't wait to hear him with them!

AndyShores
 Rep: 11 

AndyShores wrote:

You can look at it as "I hope he doesn't blow out his voice" and we all rightfully are, but you can also look at it as if anything is gonna get the rasp on point, its fronting fucking ACDC

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
AndyShores wrote:

You can look at it as "I hope he doesn't blow out his voice" and we all rightfully are, but you can also look at it as if anything is gonna get the rasp on point, its fronting fucking ACDC

Indeed. He really lets it rip for those ACDC covers.

PLUS there's a lot more 'speaking voice' and lower register stuff in the ACDC catalog.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
AndyShores wrote:

Yeah, I actually think it might be a good thing in the end. It keeps him active and may help keep his voice in check. Plus he'll be coming off his broken foot, so he can use the shows as a rehab of sorts. Get him more accustomed to moving around and singing again on a big stage before the stadiums come calling.

Board footer