You are not logged in. Please register or login.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

This whole lyanna/ targaryen/ Jon/ meera theory...

I reckon Jon is a Baratheon.

Robert probably raped lyanna.

Jon has not a targaryen trait in sight.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
the_real_jessica wrote:

He has the sword. Soon he will have a dragon.

AtariLegend wrote:
the_real_jessica wrote:

The Meera thing is separate is just a fan theory (although possible, but I think it's been denied), the Jon part is pretty much cannon. It's hinted at way too much over and over again in the books and just brings everything full circle. Including the Azor Ahai prophecy.

If Robert was his father, then what's the mystery? Why would Robert want to harm the child of the women he loved? It's pretty clear Robert probably would have waged war against the Lannisters with Ned if he had a son with Lyanna who was in danger.

It also makes no sense for Rhaegar to have the kings guard defending the tower instead of Rhaegar or King Aerys.

Smoking Guns, something tells you me you've reading online speculation from a wiki somewhere tongue.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
the_real_jessica wrote:

The Meera thing is separate is just a fan theory (although possible, but I think it's been denied), the Jon part is pretty much cannon. It's hinted at way too much over and over again in the books and just brings everything full circle. Including the Azor Ahai prophecy.

If Robert was his father, then what's the mystery? Why would Robert want to harm the child of the women he loved? It's pretty clear Robert probably would have waged war against the Lannisters with Ned if he had a son with Lyanna who was in danger.

It also makes no sense for Rhaegar to have the kings guard defending the tower instead of Rhaegar or King Aerys.

Smoking Guns, something tells you me you've reading online speculation from a wiki somewhere tongue.

Nope. It just is my gut. Dany has 3 dragons. Since Dany will be found to be related to Snow, and he already has a sword and he had the Targarian mentor at The Wall, I think he will also have a Tragon. Too much Valyerian/Targarian shit for there not to be. I had closed captioning on the TV last night so I could catch all the names, etc. The red witch was speaking Valyerian during the spell to bring back Snow. Another Dragon Clue. But because he ha half stark he has a Wolf too. A Wolf, A Dragon, A Valeryian steel sword? Dude is now the ultimate Warrior.

AtariLegend wrote:

Valyrian is a language spoken by alot of people in the Essos the East. For example alot of red priests speak it and Danny. It's not really a clue to anything, Mel is from Asshai. Asshai in the books is the furthest known place east in the world.

That said when Tyrion and Varys are walking around Meereen and they see the words "Kill The Masters, Mysha is A Master" painted on the walls it doesn't make sense. They locals wouldn't speak or write in English (common tongue of Westros in the books) and Mysha means mother in Ghiscari not Valyrian.

In otherwords don't read too much into the language used on the show, it's inconsistent.

As for the Resurrection, I still think in the books that

Hidden Text:

Mel will burn Shireen to resurrect Azor Ahai (who she thinks is Stannis) and bring back Jon instead.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

In the prequel book, at the end, the dwarfs have disappeared and with them, a dragon egg.

Who else thinks the 3rd dragon master is Tyrion ?

AtariLegend wrote:

Ignorer ce message

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Valyrian is a language spoken by alot of people in the Essos the East. For example alot of red priests speak it and Danny. It's not really a clue to anything, Mel is from Asshai. Asshai in the books is the furthest known place east in the world.

That said when Tyrion and Varys are walking around Meereen and they see the words "Kill The Masters, Mysha is A Master" painted on the walls it doesn't make sense. They locals wouldn't speak or write in English (common tongue of Westros in the books) and Mysha means mother in Ghiscari not Valyrian.

In otherwords don't read too much into the language used on the show, it's inconsistent.

As for the Resurrection, I still think in the books that

Hidden Text:

Mel will burn Shireen to resurrect Azor Ahai (who she thinks is Stannis) and bring back Jon instead.

But isn't Jon already back? Or you mean the fire will make him the Azor Ahai?

AtariLegend wrote:

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Azor_Ahai

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Last_hero

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Th … s_promised

Keep in mind that alot of the story when it comes to prophecy/religions is metaphorical. Alot of people believe that these are the all the same thing.

This is the image George had in mind for one of the official licensed calendars of the Last Hero a few years back.

Hidden Text:

Game-of-Thrones-Azor-Ahai-e1446850843333.jpg

It's also very important to remember that this doesn't necessarily mean the story is going to end the way you think it is. It was be completely against the story and everything George has said if it ends with the good guys teaming up and beating the bad guys with a happy ending.

It would make no sense to the narrative.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Was a good episode...I enjoyed it...highlights for me

Euron's Appearance
Giant smacking the dude on the wall
The mountain crushing the dudes head on the wall
Tyrion interacts with the dragons
Then the closing scene

With that said...a couple complaints

10 episodes at 1hr just isn't enough to cut it anymore...too much happening

The Arya storyline just got rushed...what took forever to resolve in print took 2 short segments on the show ... bran's storyline is a bit stale too ... Arya and Bran are highlights in the books and seem to be afterthoughts for HBO ... I dont understand

Disappointed in the brianne, reek & Sansa story deviation from the books...might as well cut all 3 from the show for the lack-of-interest factor alone

Ramsay just isn't as hatable as some other villains on the show...another character/storyline I could do without

The Greyjoys and Martell's might as well go by the wayside as well

WHERE THE FUCK IS LITTLEFINGER?

At this point they might as well cater to the fanbase and just focus on Jon, Dany, Kings Landing & Tyrion...4 threads to follow would work much better in the HBO format than the 10 or more they are currently trying to juggle

Board footer