You are not logged in. Please register or login.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

Re: Axl Rose joins AC/DC

CSS 2.0 wrote:

More like 2011-2014. At least the shows in 2009 and 2010 were actually good, with an Axl Rose (mostly) on fire.

Burned himself out completely after that but now he is back to proper business.

Excited for what the future might hold in store for us once again.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Kinda shows how phoned in 2012-14 was for the most part. The guy has clearly upped his game, he knows the world is watching and it seems he's ready to meet the challenge.

Quoted for the truth.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Furbush wrote:

The end of Hells Bells? My brain cannot even comprehend.

Dude's been sandbaggin'. Clearly. He sounds incredible. All of it.

All of the social media shit talkers are about to eat so much crow.

Hearing it on better speakers now. The whole thing. Absolutely nails it.

Lol, indeed. Judging by comments most of them are expecting a Rio 11 failure from this.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

This has to be exciting as hell for Axl.

He's been singing the same songs for 25-30 years.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/7000-b … -axl-rose/

7000 people requesting a refund, for one show!

Stupid IMO, this is a once in a lifetime thing, even I were an AC/DC die-hard who didn't like Axl I'd still go, just for the spectacle. I hope he nails it, I think he will.

AtariLegend wrote:

I'm in the minority here, but I can see their point. If I bought tickets to a Guns N' Roses show and Axl got replaced beforehand by Corey Taylor, I'd have second thoughts too. I'm not saying Corey is at Axl's level, I'm just using that as an example.

Let's be honest, they're not going to see AC/DC. They're going to see the equivalent of Slash and Adler with replacements.

Angus is a great guitarist and many know he's the boss, but he isn't the vocal point of the band.

The press coverage wouldn't have helped either and hardly any of them will have even heard these clips.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I'm in the minority here, but I can see their point. If I bought tickets to a Guns N' Roses show and Axl got replaced beforehand by Corey Taylor, I'd have second thoughts too. I'm not saying Corey is at Axl's level, I'm just using that as an example.

It's a good comparison, I don't particularly like Corey / knot / s sour & don't listen to any of his stuff at all. If it were gnr with corey and I'd already bought tickets I'd still go just to see what it'd be like and have a good night out. If however I hadn't yet bought the tickets, I certainly wouldn't. But yeah, I see your point.

Really though, the bastardisation of DC with Axl, it's gotta be worth seeing just for the hell of it, it could tank, or be amazing. Like said earlier in this thread, Axl will probably feed off negativity like this to give it his all. Here's hoping.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:
misterID wrote:

2012-14 "Axl had bills to pay tour."

And what is this tour??

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Those clips sound incredible. He's going to knock it out of the park. Still wish the members of AC/DC handled the situation better since Brian has been loyal to the band for so long.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

He is killing it.  Hope he nails it and comes back on fire ready to rip open the stadiums this summer.

A lot of folks will regret those refunds. He's definitely tuned in. Could be magic.

Board footer