You are not logged in. Please register or login.

otto
 Rep: 83 

Re: Axl Rose joins AC/DC

otto wrote:

ACDC and Axl announcement for Portugal concert:
http://blitz.sapo.pt/videos/2016-05-05- … a-chegamos

johndivney wrote:

Axl cutting a promo?!
What fuckin universe have I woke up in?! Bizarro world..

AtariLegend wrote:

Slightly faster way to load the video;

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

HAHAHAHA, Axl does PR for AC/DC but not GNR. LOL. He looks really happy and looks younger too!

AndyShores
 Rep: 11 

AndyShores wrote:

Axl toeing the company line for his boss lol, this is awesome and hilarious to watch.  You know its gotta be fucking weird for him.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

HAHAHAHA, Axl does PR for AC/DC but not GNR. LOL. He looks really happy and looks younger too!

Spot on.

However, with Guns,  does he really need to? With Slash, it's legit Guns for 99% of people. He can get away with it by giving strong performances - shut up and sing.

With Axl/DC, he needs to show up for Angus. He needs to show their fanbase that he's ready to go the distance. The fact that Angus is the focal point is best for all - it's his band, anyway.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
AndyShores wrote:

Axl toeing the company line for his boss lol, this is awesome and hilarious to watch.  You know its gotta be fucking weird for him.

I think he is glad to do anything Angus asks. Once in a lifetime deal for him to sing for one of his heroes.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Scurrilous email gossip rag Popbitch is claiming in this week's edition that...

AC/DC's people are taking no chances with Axl Rose. His contract has the iron-clad stipulation that he won't see a penny until the tour is over.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Well, I've caved and bought a ticket for the London show, since it's probably my only chance of seeing Axl this year. Will be very strange seeing him up there singing for someone else's band; I'm not really that familiar with AC/DC's work beyond the hits, so I guess I have some homework to do over the next month...

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Scurrilous email gossip rag Popbitch is claiming in this week's edition that...

AC/DC's people are taking no chances with Axl Rose. His contract has the iron-clad stipulation that he won't see a penny until the tour is over.

That's nice and all, but we are talking about a guy that doesn't need money. If he gets pissed off or is treated poorly by AC/DC fans and decides to quit the tour, then who gives a shit. He still got to sing with Angus and I think that is his motivation here, not money. If the thing goes well and he actually gets paid for it, he probably views that as a bonus.

Board footer