You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Axl Rose joins AC/DC

AtariLegend wrote:

Is this is the most interviews Axl's done for a tour since UYI?

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

It's pretty amazing isn't it. We're just so not used to seeing stuff like this.

johndivney wrote:

On the charm offensive after the backlash & returned tickets.
Maybe it'll be good for him & us in the long run. Some good might rub off on his approach from here out..

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
johndivney wrote:

On the charm offensive after the backlash & returned tickets.
Maybe it'll be good for him & us in the long run. Some good might rub off on his approach from here out..

It does seem that he's in a better spot in life. Happier, in a sense. Maybe all the years of carrying the GNR banner by himself has been lifted a bit over the last year with all the recent developments. Maybe he's ready to take full advantage of that and put himself out there for the whole world to see.

Eddie Trunk mentioned again in passing on Twitter that he expects to interview Axl soon. I don't know if that's just going back to the discussion they had in Vegas, or if it's a little more concrete than that. But it does seem that he's willing to talk, maybe just steer clear of the whole breakup of GNR and any animosity involved. All the dirty laundry and whatnot.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Axl wants to be a permanent AC/DC member if they let him? Wow. So funny he was the one who called them. Like he's still 15 and auditioning for his first gig.

Heard another one that wasn't posted:

Cliff: You got that special style with the mic stand, what do you call that?
Axl: Violence.

What’s the latest with Phil [Rudd, former drummer who was arrested for threatening to kill a former employee last year]?
Angus: “Phil I haven’t heard from. He’s been very quiet of late.”
Axl: “I’ve talked to him about these other singers, though!”

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Axl looks like he is having a good time with this.  I'm sure its a nice change for him.    So out of character for him to be doing these interviews and publicity.. but I guess he's not the boss in Ac/Dc so he's going along with it.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

This will help him be a better front man for GNR

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm sure this was all in his contract: press, being on time, no walking off stage... I bet that contract was tight. AC/DC is set up much more like a corporate entity than GNR ever was.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Is this a good idea? I mean, GNR just got back together and he's talking about replacing Brian long-term.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Is this a good idea? I mean, GNR just got back together and he's talking about replacing Brian long-term.

Depends if it takes away from the GNR experience, or to what extent. It would take some creativity to do and put max effort into both. Per usual, we have to wait and see how it plays out. It might sound good on paper, but if GNR plans go into next year and AC/DC doesn't want to wait around, that would pose a problem.

Board footer