You are not logged in. Please register or login.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

Re: 13/05/16 Marseille, France - AC/DC with Axl

CSS 2.0 wrote:

Setlist:

01. Rock Or Bust
02. Shoot To Thrill
03. Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be
04. Back In Black
05. Got Some Rock & Roll Thunder
06. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
07. Rock 'N' Roll Damnation
08. Thunderstruck
09. High Voltage
10. Rock 'N' Roll Train
11. Hells Bells
12. Given The Dog A Bone
13. If You Want Blood (You've Got It) (first live performance since October 21, 2003)
14. Sin City
15. You Shook Me All Night Long
16. Shot Down In Flames
17. Have A Drink On Me
18. T.N.T.
19. Whole Lotta Rosie
20. Let There Be Rock

Encore:

21. Highway To Hell
22. Riff Raff
23. For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7nMB8IfQFE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-qChboqjz4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfJm08QgypY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44DByrMBMTg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwdZp1n12xg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3NeqRI7d7g

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I think Axl sounds better now than when I saw them in 92. It's amazing in some respects and sad in others. I'm going to focus on the amazing and be happy that I'll get to see 2 more shows in Chicago and maybe an Axl/DC show in NC if that ever gets rescheduled.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Man.

Watch Those About to Rock. Angus is still an energy bunny, and Axl seems to have amalgamated into the band already. Everybody's looking sharp and happy to be there. His voice, too, is holding up well after a full show.

The crowd loves them. The show is followed by a bellow that peaks as loud as the band itself. Third show in, and the confidence Axl exudes is that of the new AC/DC frontman, instead of the touring replacement. New jacket seals the deal for me - he has his plans hatched, again 16

Notable is the way Axl walks out. No crutches, no limp, he seems to be moving rather fluently. In around early June, the next point of interest in Axl/DC will come up - ditching the remnants of the Iron Throne.

RAGE24
 Rep: 4 

RAGE24 wrote:

I fully agree!  Axl vocally is sounding better then ever, especially looking over the past 15 years.  I was under the false impression that he no longer had as much control over the rasp part of his vocal.  Boy was I way wrong.  He gives you the best of Bon and Brian in one package.  There is no reason for him not to continue with the band after all the make up dates and continue do both the reunited Guns and AC/DC.  He has already put it out there.  I think he has more than won over the guys and Angus will be quite happy to have him stay on for a new album and anything else down the road.  For Axl, there is no pressure here for him other than to just sing.  I think he may very well be enjoying this role of less responsibility.  Think about it.  He is not in charge, so there are no decisions to make band wise.  He is singing for his heroes, a dream come true.  Axl provides a B-12 shot of energy into an aging band that had a lot of question marks recently.  As did Guns for that matter.  This is an exciting time indeed for rock music.  Axl is such a larger than life, polarizing figure.  He is intriguing to say the least.  I sure hope I have to opportunity to see this new incarnation of AC/DC after I see him on the Guns tour.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

These shows ARE badass. But I don't want any more Axl/DC after these shows. I want Guns to be as good as they can. This is cool for now. But I want new music from GNR. Only way I am down with Axl continuing doing AC/DC is to sack Frank and Richard and bring in Angus and Slade and now you have the best of both worlds.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Smoking Guns wrote:

These shows ARE badass. But I don't want any more Axl/DC after these shows. I want Guns to be as good as they can. This is cool for now. But I want new music from GNR. Only way I am down with Axl continuing doing AC/DC is to sack Frank and Richard and bring in Angus and Slade and now you have the best of both worlds.

I don't know.   He really seems to be enjoying this.    Maybe he's grown tired of singing some of the GNR songs and this new gig has in a way put some fire under his ass.. but these songs are really bringing out the best in his voice.     He's doing some 1992 shit here. 

All speculation on my part.   But I would not be surprised to see AC/DC continue on after this tour with Axl..

I want some new GnR material too..   and at this point its quite likely there is a ton of songs just waiting for Slash riffs and solos to replace the old parts. 

Moral of the story, go see GnR this year.  go see AC/DC this year.    2016 is historic for Gnr fans and especially Axl fans.   Who knows what the future holds.

Mama's Good Boy

Also.. great to see "If You Want Blood" in the setlist.    This was a song I long pictured Axl singing years ago.   So bizarre but awesome to see it come true.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Given the fact GN'R has been a part time job for him over the last 20 years, I don't see any reason why he can't do both. Spend a year doing GN'R stuff and then a year doing AC/DC stuff. Flip back and forth between them. It's crazy that the two schedules overlapped this year, but they can fix that in the future.

Mama's Good Boy

Its true, Axl is the guy in control of GNR, so if he wants to do both, he can.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

What a fucking version of If You Want Blood. When I first saw Rio in 2001 I thought the Axl Rose of old was dead and buried. Not even 2006 convinced me otherwise.

He does now. Back in black.

Board footer