You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Football Thread

AtariLegend wrote:

Please keep discussion about football (Champions League, Premiership, La Liga ect.) here.

We're just a few weeks away from a hopefully terrorist free Euro 2016 in France.

The new format means extra teams, it also means it's possible to finish 3rd and still qualify... rendering most of the group stages games pointless. Thanks UEFA!

A
France
Romania
Albania
Switzerland

B
England
Russia
Wales
Slovakia

C
Germany
Ukraine
Poland
Northern Ireland

D
Spain
Czech Republic
Turkey
Croatia

E
Belgium
Italy
Republic of Ireland
Sweden 

F
Portugal
Iceland
Austria
Hungary

We're also 2 days away from Liverpool vs. Sevilla in the Europa League final and 12 days away from a 2nd round of Real Madrid vs. Atletico Madrid in the Champions League final.

Oh and since this thread isn't time stamped, for historical purposes... this thread was posted the day after a season where Leicester City won the EPL.

AtariLegend wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

As a United fan it pleases me to see some things don't change.

My opinion of you has changed sad.

johndivney wrote:

Best season ever. Best league table ever. It's still hard to comprehend what's occurred. Just glad to have seen it really. Special time. Crazy.

AtariLegend wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Best season ever. Best league table ever. It's still hard to comprehend what's occurred. Just glad to have seen it really. Special time. Crazy.

Best season ever?

The top teams played like rubbish.

Jose went out off his way to get himself fired.

Van Gaal continued showing his true colours.

Liverpool tried to get by after selling Suarez by buying mid table players from Southampton.

Pellegrini checked out when City announced he'd be out off the job next season, with half the league to play.

...And Arsenal bottled what should have been an easy league title win.

EPL just made a mockery out of English people mocking La Liga.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I'd say the quality this season has been poor overall, with Leicesters win papering over the cracks of generally falling standards. How would Leicester fare against Barca I wonder?

However we've actually had our best season in a few years in terms of european success. A team in the champions league semis and europa league final is the best for a while.

I'm actually optimistic for the Euros as well. Looking forward to seeing how Kane, Vardy and Alli get on.

AtariLegend wrote:

I'm with APE, but I don't see the Euro's going well past the last 16.

Oooooh and apparently BT Sport are streaming this on youtube for free.

Basically a play off for a Champions League spot.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Was at Hampden today, happiest day I've had supporting Hibs. Loved em since I was a kid, was with my Mum who's been waiting for this day as long as she can remember. So proud of the team.

Moments like this and Leicester's title win are what football is about.

AtariLegend wrote:

While Jose normally does have 1/2 good seasons with a club, before he goes wild trying to get himself sacked...

He did almost get Chelsea relegated before he was fired. Anyway.. United's pain is my joy tongue.

Board footer