You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Coachella Festival profile and rumours

apex-twin wrote:
WARose wrote:

one thing that seems to have been overlooked in the last few months of speculation, is that the manager of the joint in vegas said in an interview in june 2014

Wow, that's amazing.

I’m reliably told that business at the box office has been phenomenal and even better than frontman Axl Rose anticipated. “So much so, he’s begun thinking about putting the original group all back together for a global tour. That would be the biggest-selling rock tour of all tours,” one knowledgeable insider told me.

Ron was leaving. The lineup was due for a shakedown, anyway. A decision had already been made to 'leave it in Vegas'.

And [The Joint executive Don Marrandino] himself told me: “They are definitely thinking of returning for another mini-run at the Hard Rock. We’ve already had conversations about converting one of the restaurant venues into a Guns N’ Roses hangout with its own barbecue and hamburger lineup.

Stay of Execution was never clarified, but it could've tied into another residency.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

apex-twin wrote:

Stay of Execution was never clarified, but it could've tied into another residency.

Given Axl's habit of joking around with the names of tours ("No Trickery", "Not in this Lifetime" etc), Stay of Execution does sound remarkably like a veiled reference to something.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
WARose wrote:
sp1at wrote:

That's really interesting. Have you got a link to that interview?

Obviously it looks as though GN'R are reforming, but there is still a story to tell. How did it happen, what is the dateline.

Another aspect to look out for is that big interview. Rolling Stone or Billboard magazine, someone is going to have that exclusive interview which gives us some insight into how it all happened.

I`ve found it by accident:

http://lasvegassun.com/vegasdeluxe/2014 … residency/

The thing that (slightly) concerns me about that is that it makes it sound like a "tour and go home" deal. We need new material from them. I've already been burned by Queen taking Adam Lambert out on the road as a karaoke act instead of getting him in the damn studio and cutting a new album, I really don't want GN'R doing the same.

I think it's very possible we get a couple new songs on a Best Of this year and an album next year. I mean, whatever tracklist for CD II that was ready to go has most likely been shakenup with the arrival of Slash.

A Best Of with Atlas Shrugged has been mentioned a bunch.

AtariLegend wrote:
misterID wrote:

By who?

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
misterID wrote:

By who?

Sources close to the band that shall remain unnamed.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

So basically MSL.

misterID

misterID wrote:

More than MLS.

I won't mention anything like that again.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:

Translation, bullshit.

misterID

misterID wrote:
deadsouth wrote:

Translation, bullshit.

No. It just seems to get on peoples nerves. smile