You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

AtariLegend wrote:

Ice and Fire tongue. You're are told in the second book that Rhaegar believes someone from his bloodline will be the "Prince Who Was Promised"... the "song of ice and fire".

It's pretty obvious that Jon is a very important character to the story's end game, that doesn't mean though that the story ends in some version of Return of the King.

Most of these characters are fucked in both book and show.

I'm still holding out hope though for Jon vs. Danny towards the end. It has to happen. If Danny ends the story as a hero (in the books) then their's a major flaw in the writing.

Looking forward to seeing some characters returning in the next few episodes.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I thought Bran would end up championing the old gods and the north to lead the white walkers to war against Danerys, the red priests and the fire god zombies (like the Mountain, Dondarion, Caetlyn and JS) ... fire and ice

Or maybe a song a fire and ice is "the ballad of John snow" lol Targaryen and Stark blood

Danerys and Snow will be allies I think. Since I guess that will be his aunt.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Ice and Fire tongue. You're are told in the second book that Rhaegar believes someone from his bloodline with be the "Prince Who Was Promised"... the "song of ice and fire".

Yea...I need to read the series again...memory is getting fuzzy

AtariLegend wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I thought Bran would end up championing the old gods and the north to lead the white walkers to war against Danerys, the red priests and the fire god zombies (like the Mountain, Dondarion, Caetlyn and JS) ... fire and ice

Or maybe a song a fire and ice is "the ballad of John snow" lol Targaryen and Stark blood

She spend most of the story wishing vengeance against the people who took arms against her family... The Lannisters/Starks/Robert. This is even after her advisors other than Jorah (who hated Ned) tell her... things weren't as simple as she was told growing up.

It's completely anti-climatic for their not to be a pay off to that. Her father after all was a villain, in the books it's made clear... she shouldn't exactly expect every one in Westros to declare for her just because of who she is. In the show maybe they will, but it makes no sense to the narrative.

Danny in the books is a little bit obsessed with prophecy. She get's told at one point

Hidden Text:

"Kraken and dark flame, lion and griffin, the sun's son and the mummer's dragon. Trust none of them."

The Lion is obviously Tyrion and whether it's true or not, she's a bit paranoid later on in the story.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Neemo wrote:

The way I see it, she would not see Jon as an ally, but a threat, especially if his parents are who the rumors say they are. At many points in the series Dany had come off to me as a villain, or a potential hard ass with no sympathies for those who stand in the way of what she wants or just simply people who annoy or disagree with her. She had a vision of Kings Landing and the Iron Throne in ruins... There's supposedly a horn that can awake a dragon hidden somewhere in Westeros. If Jon gets a hold of it, and it's an ice dragon, and he's not hip to Dany ruling the north or the wildlings, there's going to be war.

And realistically, with winter coming, how could he Dothraki and Unsullied survive a war in the north when they're desert people? The enviorments are so drastically different along with the fighting. It would be a slaughter, with a lot of disease wiping out her army.

AtariLegend wrote:
misterID wrote:

There's supposedly a horn that can awake a dragon hidden somewhere in Westeros. If Jon gets a hold of it, and it's an ice dragon

Really curious, where you read this? smile

AtariLegend wrote:

So what are your guys predictions for what happens during the rest of the season?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Is tonight a new episode or did they take this week off for the holiday?

AtariLegend wrote:

Pretty sure their's an episode tonight.

I think they stopped taking breaks for the US holiday (memorial day?) last season.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Pretty sure their's an episode tonight.

I think they stopped taking breaks for the US holiday (memorial day?) last season.

Correct! Blood of My Blood is the name of the episode!

Board footer