You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Football Thread

johndivney wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I'd say the quality this season has been poor overall, with Leicesters win papering over the cracks of generally falling standards. How would Leicester fare against Barca I wonder?

AtariLegend wrote:

Best season ever?

The top teams played like rubbish.

philistines.

The top teams don't have a divine right to nothin n just cause they played poorly doesn't mean other teams did as well - Bournemouth alone would've made this a memorable season.

Why shouldn't Leicester fare OK v narcs? They'd do better than others, worse than some. Barca aren't the be all & end all. In fact Leicester play very similar to atletico Madrid who hold their own vs barca, n arguably Leicester have greater resources than atletico.
Leicester'll fare as well as the "top teams", they're legit deserving & great champions.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

D87EC5EA573F4C298C2D71E002143961.ashx?w=1280&h=1280

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Enx-QuWP08

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Featu … nager.aspx

AtariLegend wrote:

Even though it's going to be a month of mostly pointless matches, I'm looking forward to Northern Ireland beating Germany on the 21st and... a certain someone claiming it's a conspiracy.

johndivney wrote:

Martial - Ibra - Rashford

As good a strike force outside of barca that you'll find. Pity the rest of utd's team is shit..

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I'd be looking at bringing Lukaku in if I was Man Utd not Zlatan. Ibra is a 35 yr old show pony, talented no doubt but they'd probably get more goals and far more longevity from Lukaku.

johndivney wrote:

Again I disagree. There'll always be another lukaku but there will never be another ibra.

& with ibra you're guaranteed a return. lukaku on the other hand has only delivered in patches.

Show pony?! He's a champion, a winner & an elite profession who sets the tone- lukaku is none of those things.

Jose didn't fancy lukaku before.. he's won a scudetto with ibra & I think maybe ibra finished top scorer that year too?? I'm not a utd fan but even I'm excited by this. I wouldn't be excited by lukaku..

johndivney wrote:

http://youtu.be/NCMapwby_AQ

500-1 for the euro's. The season that's in it it may be worth a punt.. I quite fancy them to get out of the group at the very least..

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

johndivney wrote:

Again I disagree. There'll always be another lukaku but there will never be another ibra.

& with ibra you're guaranteed a return. lukaku on the other hand has only delivered in patches.

Show pony?! He's a champion, a winner & an elite profession who sets the tone- lukaku is none of those things.

Jose didn't fancy lukaku before.. he's won a scudetto with ibra & I think maybe ibra finished top scorer that year too?? I'm not a utd fan but even I'm excited by this. I wouldn't be excited by lukaku..

Don't get me wrong I'm looking forward to seeing him in the Prem, he's box office.

However if I was a Man utd fan I'd rather we looked elsewhere. At 35 how many seasons could he give you, all the while younger long term talent is overlooked because Zlatan has the no.9 shirt. Lukaku by contrast is 23, has his best years ahead of him and is proven in the Prem, averaging a goal every 2 games in generally ordinary West Brom and Everton teams.

For me Lukaku is a signing for long term success. Zlatan is a short term bums on seats signing.

Can't see Lukaku happening now Mourinho is there anyway as you said.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

Manchester United have signed centre back Eric Bailly from Villarreal for €32 million.

Thus making him Mourinho's first signing.

AtariLegend wrote:

CrimeSlunkScene is lucky I'm not a moderator right now...

Board footer