You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: If Dexter returns...

I'd like to ask whether we'll ever get to hear those demos in full; if there will ever be a "Chinese Democracy era" box set with all the demos from that period. I imagine the answer will be "no" at least in the short term – they absolutely will not promote the CD-era band with Slash and Duff back in the line-up. But maybe in a few years? Or is Axl adamantly opposed to letting people hear what he regards as "work in progress" material? Personally I find that the most fascinating thing.

On a related note, I'd also like to ask him to walk us through the making of one song in detail. Let's say, Catcher in the Rye or Better. Who came in with what material, when? What forms did it take, how did the song evolve? What's Axl's writing process? Does he come up with a theme, or is there a single line that sticks in his mind and then he builds the song around that? How long does it take him to lay down vocal tracks? What actually happens in the studio? I'd love a mini-documentary about one song, with, say, YouTube embeds of different demo versions so we can hear how the song evolved.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

Re: If Dexter returns...

skippy wrote:

I would ask him what his favorite Disney movie is now.

Board footer