You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: EURO 2016 Thread

AtariLegend wrote:

France don't have their best Striker or Defender at this tournament. Just saying.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

France have a very ordinary defence and ordinary forwards. What they do have is a world class midfield. If you can stifle that and frustrate them and don't get overawed by the home crowd you have a chance.

No counting chickens here, very few teams have been swept aside this tournament and Iceland look well drilled. We should win but will have have to earn it and take our chances.

IF England do win it should be a good game vs France, one where we'll be underdogs which possibly suits us. France as the home side will be expected to attack us and I think we're a better team on the counter attack.

johndivney wrote:

England vs France would be great.
Still, hoping with all I have for Iceland to win!

I think England will beat Iceland comfortably enough in the end tho. Really can't see Iceland getting thru.

Then England to beat France.
Before losing on penalties to Germany..

A Private Eye

My worry is we get a repeat of our group game performances. Lots of possession and chances but we don't take them and end up in a penalty shoot out vs Iceland.

Of our last 8 knock out game defeats, 6 have been on penalties.

A Private Eye

Germany showing how it's done.

An early goal against a team that just wants to defend and frustrate you makes such a difference.

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:

happyfranceflag_zpssyheoxyi.gif happyfranceflag_zpssyheoxyi.gif happyfranceflag_zpssyheoxyi.gif

Vive la France!

tongue

johndivney wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Germany showing how it's done.

An early goal against a team that just wants to defend and frustrate you makes such a difference.

They're so boring in their efficancy tho!
England might be properly boring to watch sometimes but at least it causes some consternation & controversy. Germany just tick along without any real ups or downs. Who really wants to live like that?!
It gets to that stage where they don't really even know he value of what it means to win anymore, they just take it for granted. They don't know how to hurt either. Boring bastards!

I mean, there must be a small part of you that actually wishes England lose tomorrow just to see the reaction? 14 It would be worth it alone for the press response. Brexit would be small potatoes to getting knocked out by Iceland.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Ireland aren't British mate..

England should fancy their chances vs that French team, says he counting chickens.. Rami is an accident waiting to happen, the other 3 in that back line aren't any great shakes. If it wasn't for a couple of careless decisions defensively, Ireland would be going thru. Nobody tracked griezmann for either goal & Duffy went walkabouts for his 2nd. If England don't replicate those errors they have a great chance of beating France.

Then why do you call it the British Isles? 13

This cup will be decided tomorrow. If Italy goes out, Germany wins this. If not anything can happen.

johndivney wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Then why do you call it the British Isles? 13

Some people do, some people don't. The Irish government don't recognise it.

It doesn't mean anything to me, just a short hand for geography. But it means something to people. Words carry weight, mate.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Like the Finns to us then. Alright.

Board footer